Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
7 registered (don64, CheerfulJohn, 86, 3 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442130 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#196163 - 12/21/07 10:45 AM How do I explain this to her?
BruisedSpirit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I am dreading the conversation I have to have with my GF tonight.

She's coming to visit for Christmas Holidays and I'm scared about how she's going to react when she sees my arms.

Before last Friday night, I hadn't cut myself since I was a teenager.

I know I'm going to have to talk to her about it but I'm afraid that this is going to make her leave me.

I don't think I'd blame her if she did.

Anyone have any advice?

I could really use some reassurance right now.

***Guys, I edited this after re-reading in order to soften the tone a little****

Edited by BruisedSpirit (12/21/07 11:42 AM)

#196168 - 12/21/07 12:10 PM Re: How do I explain this to her? [Re: BruisedSpirit]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
If you feel comfortable and secure enough in your relationship, I think you need to just tell her what happened and about the abuse. It is amazing how compassionate and caring people can be, especially if they love you.

Are you seeing a therapist who might be able to help you with your cutting problem? I can hear you asking for help, maybe your gf could assist you in finding some one to help talk to you and help you.

We are all here to support one another...hang in there and get the treatment you need...I wish you the best....you are a good guy and don't forget that.

With warm regards,

Dan

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.