Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, Nothing Man, petercorbett, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64154 Topics
447645 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#196110 - 12/20/07 11:40 PM i need help
dillon Offline

Loc: california,san deigo
when my abuse endend when i was 14 (im 15 years old) i began to be very nervise and i got into smoking because it calmed me down and i dont want to smoke anymore because it change the way i am for an example... i got into a fight at school today and im suspended... what can i do i get nervis when i donr smoke

[url=link] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWUYeNDwX0

New video!!

[url=link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kroz7SmSLTw&mode=related&search=

#196114 - 12/21/07 01:02 AM Re: i need help [Re: dillon]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Commit lozenges worked well for me. They get you past the first few days and then you can have more strength and will power to quit because you're not going crazy from withdrawal.

#196151 - 12/21/07 09:29 AM Re: i need help [Re: AndyJB2005]
rickochey Offline
New Here

Hey Dillion. I am so proud of you for facing this early on. I waited and tried to ignore it. I wish I was half the boy/man you are at your age. You can also talk your self through the nervousness. I used to do this to try to get in touch with my feelings to gain control of them.

I really am so proud of you.

#196155 - 12/21/07 09:34 AM Re: i need help [Re: rickochey]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Dillion,

There are a lot of things to help you when your in the middle of a craving. One is to take 3 deep breaths. Believe it or not oxygen is an enemy to those of us who smoke. Also, when you feel the need to smoke step away try to find something else to get your mind on. And one last one... wait ... most cravings only last about 20 min's... so wait it out.

Best of luck to you man. And welcome to MS.

James

#196198 - 12/21/07 06:45 PM Re: i need help [Re: James_dup1]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

It takes a lot of willpower, dillon.

I'm going to assume you're talking about cigarettes here.

I started smoking when I was 13, and it took me over 15 years to give it up. One thing to keep in mind is that one of the side effects of nicotine withdrawl is nervousness.

The next time you crave a cigarette, go for a walk instead. You already know that you crave a cigarette when you are nervous. Now, it is time to find out why you are nervous. Think about that while you're on your walk. Whatever it is that makes you nervous is called a trigger, and identifying triggers is a huge part of giving up addictive habits.

Remember that the longer you smoke, the harder it is to give it up.

Good luck.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#196211 - 12/21/07 09:17 PM Re: i need help [Re: BJK]
dillon Offline

Loc: california,san deigo
thank you guys

i do take a lot of runs because im a very active person. I play lacrosse (mvp of san diego), and im captain of my football team, and yes i do smoke cigrets, swishers, hooka. ive tired everything i just get alot of flashbacks of my abuse and i get nervreos and i start smoking

[url=link] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWUYeNDwX0

New video!!

[url=link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kroz7SmSLTw&mode=related&search=

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.