Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63784 Topics
445419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195770 - 12/18/07 07:12 AM Re: Please help me help my little boy (poss triggers) [Re: WalkingSouth]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Originally Posted By: walkingsouth
The child is fortunate to have you in his corner methinks. You seem to have a good relationship with him which is a definite plus. It will do a lot to help lessen his sense of self blame and shame.

AMEN to THAT! I've been thinking about this all night. I can only imagine how my life would have been different had I had a mom or dad that I could talk to about my SA after the fact.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#195890 - 12/19/07 12:48 AM Re: Please help me help my little boy (poss trigge [Re: Hauser]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
sadmama36,
My heart breaks reading your post. I am 36 and just told my mom of the abuse I adored starting at the age 13. As much as my heart breaks my heart is also filled with joy because your son had what it took to tell at such a young age. He is your special boy. By saying something He gave himself a chance to be a kid with no lies and no one controlling him sexually. untill you tell him(thats only your choice) He doesnt realize that you will be a big part in his flashbacks and questions because you also are a victim. My mom told me she was abused after I told her i was, and trust me if you tell him that you to are a victim (i wouldnt get into depth) of sexual abuse that will just open the heart. Well it did for me and I can only imagine what life would be like if i had the stregth to speak up sooner.
Thankyou for sharing MVNFORWRD

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.