Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jacob S, tbkkfile), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63788 Topics
445454 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#195493 - 12/16/07 09:40 AM stats / behavior on csa
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Didn't know where to post this but I thought F&F would be good place. A lot of us who have been abused already know the stats as well as behaviors because we lived it.

I think it's important for anyone who is involved with a survivor to know that this is not an isolated incident and it happens all over the world and to a large number of people. This is a pretty informative site, It also talks about the behavior issues a lot of us have after the abuse. Hope this helps explain what we go through.

http://www.darkness2light.org/KnowAbout/statistics_2.asp

Peace & love
Ricky

__m__m__
|| || || || || || |

#195510 - 12/16/07 11:10 AM Re: stats / behavior on csa [Re: GateKPR4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ricky,

This is a good collection of information, and what's especially good about it is that they give their sources for their information.

That's sometimes a problem, in that a statement like "one in six boys" gets repeated all over the place without saying what the source is, how old the research is and what the figure represents. My personal feeling is that the figure is more like 1 out of every 4, for example.

Thanks for sharing this with us. There's a lot of good information on that site, with good contacts for various issues.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#195519 - 12/16/07 12:23 PM Re: stats / behavior on csa [Re: roadrunner]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
as must as stats help, i think they can also freak you out. its almost like reading about "whats to come" for us. the depression the suical thoughts. the likely hood of us hurting someone else. i think that is not true for everyone. (yes thats why its a percent) but i dont know.. i was kinda taken back it. its very black and white. and i usually opperate in shades of gray

#195521 - 12/16/07 12:30 PM Re: stats / behavior on csa [Re: Jarrad]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

They are daunting figures to be sure. All the more reason I guess that each of us do what we can, be it large or small, to make those figures change for the better.

#195541 - 12/16/07 02:40 PM Re: stats / behavior on csa [Re: WalkingSouth]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I think Larry is right about the numbers, What I really wanted to focus on was everything below the stats. thats what really hit me hard. My own story has may of the things this page talks about.
Sorry I didn't make that clearer. The stats were just to let F&F members know that there are alot of us and they are not alone. Not to sound an alarm.

Edited by GateKPR4 (12/16/07 02:44 PM)
__m__m__
|| || || || || || |

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.