Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, YYZGIRL, Jay1946, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63361 Topics
443058 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#195480 - 12/16/07 08:23 AM Christmas Party first
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Last night I got a call from a friend in AA who asked me to go to the yearly Christmas party at another friends. It was 5:30pm and the party started at 7:30pm so I said OK. Being in AA for over 4 years I had never went to this due to my anxiety and fears of crowds. Well I went and had the most wonderful time, We sang carols
and I got to see a lot of people that care about me. Most commented at how good I looked that there was something different about me. I told them yeah I smile now \:\)
MY truly close friends in the program, the ones that mean the most to me I disclosed to and they were very supportive and happy that I had made a breakthrough. They are the ones that know about some of the csa and know that I was not dealing with it. They could actually see physical change in me since the breakthrough. I just felt so good inside to be noticed in a good light, that there were changes that people could see that I was not aware of.
They told me I used to look sad all the time even at meetings. Now I was not sad. I got lots of hugs an was a very welcome guest . People really do care about me and I felt it for the first time last night.
This is just another tape thats been erased, the false one that nobody in AA really cared about me.
They do and they miss seeing me at meetings.
I told them I would be back but after the csa is dealt with.
I just wanted to share this with you because we go through so much negative stuff I feel its important to also share the positive.
peace
Rick

Edited by GateKPR4 (12/16/07 08:27 AM)
__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#195481 - 12/16/07 08:32 AM Re: Christmas Party first [Re: GateKPR4]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Rick,

I am so glad that you had such a nice time. It restores your faith in mankind when you see how compassionate people can actually be. It also shows the power of our fears and mind to be able to freeze us and not experience life. I hope this is the beginning of many more pleasurable times.

Take care,

Dan

#195483 - 12/16/07 08:46 AM Re: Christmas Party first [Re: DanM]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Rick,

I am very glad for you. It is a true breakthrough. I am happy to know you loved the time with friends.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#195501 - 12/16/07 10:34 AM Re: Christmas Party first [Re: alexey]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rick,

I'm so happy for you, and especially for your discovery. It's a powerful moment when we see that people really do care. It's of course great that they do care, but when we see that we also see we are worth caring for. That discovery is even more important.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#195518 - 12/16/07 12:21 PM Re: Christmas Party first [Re: roadrunner]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rick---This is so great---Steve

#195547 - 12/16/07 03:25 PM Re: Christmas Party first [Re: sabata]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Rick - thanks for the positive. Each time I hear something like this, the world becomes a little brighter.

Best wishes ...Rik

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.