Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447690 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195399 - 12/15/07 03:11 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: Jarrad]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Heh, who's Bruno? \:\)

Originally Posted By: Jarrad
god they are like the gayest thing i have ever seen.

Jarrad, it's a kids show. It's not supposed to be "macho."

#195409 - 12/15/07 04:26 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: roadrunner]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Jarred, who are referring to? The Wiggles or Rob and Andy? \:\)

They (the Wiggles) are so goofy! You can't help but smile when you watch them!

Dan

Marge Simpson

#195410 - 12/15/07 04:31 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: dannym]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

I work with little kids and they all LOVE the Wiggles! It's cool, too, because even kids in wheelchairs and walkers "dance" when they are on. I work with one kid who can't move much, and I hooked up a switch that when he hit it with the side of his head, a Video of the Wiggles comes on.... you should have seen his grin!!!

Thanks for sharing, Andy - it's nice to see grown men letting themselves go and be silly for little kids... refreshing!

Come on, Jarred, dust off your stirrup pants and neon shirt and jump in.... AHOY!!!! \:\)

Dan

Marge Simpson

#195417 - 12/15/07 05:13 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: dannym]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Are you kidding, I love it as much as my nephew. LOL And he's 2! Just because of my CSA, I kind of have a "little" me inside, because he had to grow up so fast I think. *shrug* Anyway, he LOVES The Wiggles (also Blue's Clues and Harold and the Purple Crayon, among others!). LOL

#195419 - 12/15/07 05:21 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Blues Clues wasn't the same without Steve.... I mean, Joe was OK, but no one can jump into a picture like Steve.

I agree... I get a kick out of kids' shows, too. There were many times when my kids were little and we'd be watching a show together... and I realize they had wandered off and here I was, still yelling "Swiper, No Swiping!" with Dora!

I also really enjoy rereading kids books.... I have read Charlotte's Web, the Secret Garden, King of the Wind, Holes, all the Harry Potter books, and many, many more.

I also think that since i do mostly play based therapy, it really helps me with my CSA issues. I mean, I get to play with blocks, legos, playdough, coloring.... I also never pass a swing or slide without giving them a try - AND, I can kick any 3 year old's ASS in Candyland! \:\)

Dan

Marge Simpson

#195421 - 12/15/07 05:32 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: dannym]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wooo you're on for some Candyland sometime!

I play with a dinosaur (T-Rex of course!) and little plastic army guys in therapy! But I wouldn't call my therapy play-based..but I just like to while I talk. \:\)

#195424 - 12/15/07 05:44 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

That is so cool. I don't play during MY therpy... I am a speech-language therapist and I work with a lot of 2-3 year olds.

My therapist has a home office and I pet his dog, Goldie, throughout the session... it is so calming. I am a huge fidgiter and I like to "play" with things when I talk... pencils, toys... but the best thing I found are this toy called magnetix... It's a fidgigers dream come true! Stuffed animals are great, too!

Andy, you are too cool for color t.v.!

Dan

Marge Simpson

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.