Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (GT13568, Obi, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447611 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195527 - 12/16/07 01:03 PM Re: Losing Weight [Re: ak]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Bryan,

All of this is a good idea! I've been trying myself to stop eating so much junk. One of my weaknesses is pop, particularly Coke. I drink it like it's going out of style. I too am eating more produce these days.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#195538 - 12/16/07 02:20 PM Re: Losing Weight [Re: FormerTexan]
evanesence Offline

i'm on the csa diet, i'm 6ft 142 can't gain an ounce ,the constant battle inside of me is what i think makes me that way . my body burns up anything i put into it in no time ,most days i have to eat several times because i get weak if i dont. my doctor says i have an abnormal rate of metabolism. most times i eat then imediatly have to go to the restroom. i can eat anything i want and it has never affected my weight. but it sure does affect the rest of my body,i see it mostly in my face i look at least ten years older than i am.fighting takes a toll on all of us i guess. never really worried about eating healthy ,when you really dont like yourself you tend to not worry about that stuff,im just kinda hangin around waiting for the battle to end . dont even care if i win anymore. i think it shows you guys are at least caring about yourselves and thats got to be a step forward .

#195693 - 12/17/07 06:43 PM Re: Losing Weight [Re: evanesence]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the tips Bryan!!! And thank for recommending this post to me, Androsh!

I hope I can be as successful as you, Bryan.

#195752 - 12/18/07 12:04 AM Re: Losing Weight [Re: FLRich]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Bryan,

Great tips, it's a good reminder of the plan I set out to achieve after I got home from Alta. Everything went great until me and my wife went on a trip and started in with the fast food again.

Now it's christmas... I'm going to do my regular christmas overindulgence and then I think I'll print off this thread and keep it close by because you are totally right..

Especially the calorie count thing... Once you realize how much you actually need to survive without starving yourself, and eat exactly that each day... everything just feels so much better. Suddenly portions at restaurants seemed so massive and appropriate amounts of food began to 'feel' right. Eating every couple of hours is a big help as well cause as you mentioned, it leaves you without that stress of "is this going to be enough food to last me through till X?"... Instead you just know "it's snack time in a few hours so its fine to eat just half of this sandwich."

Thanks for posting... You've re-inspired me to get back on track \:\)

~Brian

#201119 - 01/24/08 12:17 PM Re: Losing Weight [Re: frost]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Congratulations Bryan,
I think itis awsome and certainly wise to change your habits. It takes committment and discipline. I am very motivated by your post and am always battling weight. I go up and down. It is a little more challenging for me being a vegetarian. Pasta and starch can pack on the pounds.

Balance is essential in everything. You have done a great thing for yourself and motivate some of us needing to change our habits. For all I have read over the years, you use some sound principles. I will keep you guys posted on my results and keep watching this thread. Like the other Dan, I will copy and paste for a little reminder.I am going to quit smoking when I finish this carton, so being aware of dietary habits is doubley important. I can do this.

A couple of points I want to add that I have learned about eating. Don't eat late at night and especially at least two hours before bed...stop eating. Your body will not digest it well and the food becomes fat while you sleep.
Also don't cut back caloric intake too much or you body will sense food depravation and go into starvation mode. It then holds the fat and no matter how little you eat, you won't shed the pounds.

Lastly, you are correct, walking is very smart at speeding the metabolism to burn fat. So even if you are not a gym rat, walking is great.
Thanks again,and good job Bryan. All you others...go get 'em...you too can do it.
Peace,
Dan

#201123 - 01/24/08 12:37 PM Re: Losing Weight *DELETED* [Re: Danbuff]
awakening Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by awakening

#201142 - 01/24/08 02:00 PM Re: Losing Weight [Re: awakening]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
24 marathons...wow! Good for you. Your points about emotional eating sound familiar. You are one more inspiration. I may not ever run a marathon but being at a healthy weight is enough for me. There are a lot of battles but fighting them is easier with support.
Thanks,
Dan

#201297 - 01/25/08 11:00 AM Re: Losing Weight [Re: Danbuff]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Bryan-
Great to hear you have such a well-thought-out and positive attitude toward your weight. One thing i didn't see mentioned (but that you might already be aware of) is that it supposedly takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register that you've actually eaten to satiety, meaning as in "no longer hungry", rather than the "no more room in here, buddy" feeling of being full, which usually makes one sleepy.
I've found that, as well as eating smaller amounts less often, just waiting that 20 minutes after a meal has been very helpful in avoiding overeating- and even though I still love food, I try to remember that though our taste-instincts may have served us well before animal domestication and agriculture, they tend to do us more harm than good today... Thanks for posting, and thanks to everyone else for the thoughful replies!

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.