Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, royjay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195399 - 12/15/07 03:11 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: Jarrad]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Heh, who's Bruno? \:\)

Originally Posted By: Jarrad
god they are like the gayest thing i have ever seen.

Jarrad, it's a kids show. It's not supposed to be "macho."

#195409 - 12/15/07 04:26 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: roadrunner]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Jarred, who are referring to? The Wiggles or Rob and Andy? \:\)

They (the Wiggles) are so goofy! You can't help but smile when you watch them!

Dan

Marge Simpson

#195410 - 12/15/07 04:31 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: dannym]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

I work with little kids and they all LOVE the Wiggles! It's cool, too, because even kids in wheelchairs and walkers "dance" when they are on. I work with one kid who can't move much, and I hooked up a switch that when he hit it with the side of his head, a Video of the Wiggles comes on.... you should have seen his grin!!!

Thanks for sharing, Andy - it's nice to see grown men letting themselves go and be silly for little kids... refreshing!

Come on, Jarred, dust off your stirrup pants and neon shirt and jump in.... AHOY!!!! \:\)

Dan

Marge Simpson

#195417 - 12/15/07 05:13 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: dannym]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Are you kidding, I love it as much as my nephew. LOL And he's 2! Just because of my CSA, I kind of have a "little" me inside, because he had to grow up so fast I think. *shrug* Anyway, he LOVES The Wiggles (also Blue's Clues and Harold and the Purple Crayon, among others!). LOL

#195419 - 12/15/07 05:21 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Blues Clues wasn't the same without Steve.... I mean, Joe was OK, but no one can jump into a picture like Steve.

I agree... I get a kick out of kids' shows, too. There were many times when my kids were little and we'd be watching a show together... and I realize they had wandered off and here I was, still yelling "Swiper, No Swiping!" with Dora!

I also really enjoy rereading kids books.... I have read Charlotte's Web, the Secret Garden, King of the Wind, Holes, all the Harry Potter books, and many, many more.

I also think that since i do mostly play based therapy, it really helps me with my CSA issues. I mean, I get to play with blocks, legos, playdough, coloring.... I also never pass a swing or slide without giving them a try - AND, I can kick any 3 year old's ASS in Candyland! \:\)

Dan

Marge Simpson

#195421 - 12/15/07 05:32 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: dannym]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wooo you're on for some Candyland sometime!

I play with a dinosaur (T-Rex of course!) and little plastic army guys in therapy! But I wouldn't call my therapy play-based..but I just like to while I talk. \:\)

#195424 - 12/15/07 05:44 PM Re: Just because Lil Andy likes it.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

That is so cool. I don't play during MY therpy... I am a speech-language therapist and I work with a lot of 2-3 year olds.

My therapist has a home office and I pet his dog, Goldie, throughout the session... it is so calming. I am a huge fidgiter and I like to "play" with things when I talk... pencils, toys... but the best thing I found are this toy called magnetix... It's a fidgigers dream come true! Stuffed animals are great, too!

Andy, you are too cool for color t.v.!

Dan

Marge Simpson

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.