Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jim1961, Greg56, 1lifenow, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444167 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#195071 - 12/13/07 09:23 AM Long time, but I'm still around!!!!
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello everyone, and hi to all the "old timers" (SAR, Lloydy, etc)

Just dropping in to say "hi" and say that all is well. Our little one is 2 1/2 now. Things are settlign down a lot more lately since my husband's successful case. Has done a lot for him. December is still hard due to the anniversary of his SA but he's managed to keep it sort of in check. Occasional friction but the pre-xmas stress only adds to things.

I dont know if I filled you in on other recent developments in my life.. you all know my hubby and I had a baby, but I also lost my dad suddenly in November 2005. I also lost my job upon returning to work in June 2006 and that was the month my hubby's case came up. I did manage to get only transferred so I still managed to get paid, but I had to "start over" (twice now) and its been stressful. Sometimes i'm not sure how we're still standing, let alone still together after everything we've been through. Lately we've been really tied up in a possible home emergency - we have discovered some sketchy insulation in our home that may be contaminated with Asbestos - we're pretty scared, but I'm sure well figure out a way to deal with it. I just wish these crises could stop for a few years and we coudl have some well deserved peace.

Hubby is finding he's got a lot more emotional energy now that his case is over and also that he didnt wind up having to testify - the perp managed to "plead guilty" 2 days before the hearing. Still trying to track that creep (internet is wonderful) to make sure he doesn't try to sneak back into the teaching profession. So far so good - I think. He officially resigned and surrendered his teaching certificate a year ago. I hope he gets help. The thought that he'd be into "revenge" sometimes crosses my mind but I try to push that out of my head as soon as possible.

Anyhow I hope all is well!!!!!!

#195133 - 12/13/07 07:27 PM Re: Long time, but I'm still around!!!! [Re: PAS]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

PAS,

Thanks for stopping by and updating us on the ups and downs of your lives. Sounds like it's a mixed bag but positive for the most part. Let's hope it continues.

Glad the case went well and the guy is out of teaching. Also glad you guys are vigilant in attempting to keep on top of his activities. Who knows? Some child may already have you to thank for his/her safety.

Lloydy is around the site from time to time. SAR was active over the summer months but haven't heard from her in a while, tho I expect we've not yet heard the last from her. There are a number of other "old timers" still around including Ken Singer, as well as some of the guys you probably came to know and love when you were participating more regularly.

Happy Holidays to you, Friend.

Lots of love,

John

#195160 - 12/13/07 08:51 PM Re: Long time, but I'm still around!!!! [Re: WalkingSouth]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Thanks for the update. A lot of times folks do well after getting what they need from this site and disappear. While it is part of their evolution to health, from the standpoint of those still struggling with issues, it might be a feeling of abandonment or a question of whether someone went off the deep end.

A happy ending is alway nice to hear.
Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.