Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
9 registered (Jas52, CafeMan, I Want 2 Thrive, 5 invisible), 64 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#195080 - 12/13/07 12:26 PM Broken
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
I'm just hate this feeling of being broken, like what I'm feeling is not normal, like the majority don't feel like I do. Heard it over and over, They just keep reinforcing over and over again that I'm not normal. My older brother is like me in so many ways, it's hard to tell us apart when I'm in my "mode", I'm sure many know the "mode", surviving, smiling, laughing. "Normal". Shit I can play that game forever, course when I'm alone the differences are huge. He's married (not a chance for me), he can get a women anytime he feels like it (not a chance for me), he can say "just let it go" (not a chance for me), feel like I'm "broken". Not nice to think I'm a broken. Reinforces that negativity, wish I could go to the machanic and get it fixed, not knowing anything about fixing my car it feels like someone has said "just" change out the tranny, if you don't know anything about tranny's how the hell can I "just change out the tranny". But they make it sound so easy. "it's that stupid "just" speech.

Hate the word "just" they make it sound so easy. Like they've fixed a RAPE before. "Oh yea, I know what you're talking about, "JUST" swap it out.

I hate being broken, "just" want to be normal.

Stay strong. Right?
Mike

#195083 - 12/13/07 12:39 PM Re: Broken [Re: mogigo]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

#195086 - 12/13/07 12:49 PM Re: Broken [Re: mogigo]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Wow...you ARE hurting Mike. I'm sorry dude.

Yeah...I get that "just" word. Fk "JUST."

One blessing to count: We know that we are not alone and we have MS as a great resource.

Still's Globs

New Video

#195093 - 12/13/07 01:33 PM Re: Broken [Re: Still]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Jeez Mike! I soooooo know what you mean!!! I can act so normal, busy, thriving... to hide the dark hole in me I can't live with, that just eats me up inside.... Yeah, so broken... if just...

I too have a brother. Nice house, nice wife, nice daughter, nice career... But... shit. Not me... I say I just can't find the beginning... Of me. Of my life, it just all keeps reeking of this damn sexual abuse stuff that happened to me!!!

Why can't I ***JUST*** get over it... I SOOOOO just want my life back from that bastard...

We're sure as hell aren't alone anymore.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#195099 - 12/13/07 02:15 PM Re: Broken [Re: LandOfShadow]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Rob, hurts to read your post so much, to feel like you can relate helps so much. But hurts to think that after 8 month's I've finally convinced you I'm in pain. Just hurts to think it took 8 months to convince you I'm hurting. What? I just don't know. Am I that good at hiding it?

Mike

#195103 - 12/13/07 03:10 PM Re: Broken [Re: mogigo]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I always knew you were in pain dude. I did not mean to sound/read like this is news to me. I think I was saying more like "shit..you are in a ton of pain."

Still's Globs

New Video

#195105 - 12/13/07 03:28 PM Re: Broken [Re: mogigo]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Just remember it won't last for long.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#195134 - 12/13/07 07:32 PM Re: Broken [Re: alexey]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys, thanks.

Rob sorry, I took your message the wrong way. I appreciate your response.

Mike

#195335 - 12/15/07 07:43 AM Re: Broken [Re: mogigo]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mike,

One thing this thread can perhaps show you is how useful it can be to sit down and type out the words. When we do that we're not only letting others know how badly we are hurting, we're also giving them a chance to reach out to us and let us know how concerned about us they are. Quite often our friends have been there for us all along; we just need to give them the opportunity to speak up.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#195341 - 12/15/07 08:48 AM Re: Broken [Re: roadrunner]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Mike,
You can see from an earlier post I am experiencing the same feelings.
Quote:
It is a sad place to be when you think nobody cares, you can't tell anyone, and can't feel the love that others are offering that really care. The wasted years of pain and suffering , drugs and alcohol, suicide attempts, institutions, alone, lost, fragmented, not even knowing myself. The lies, betrayal of friendship, not able to see the world around me without thinking of the lack of trust I have. The hostility of every day living beating up myself because of something I don't understand, feelings I can't express because I don't know how. Frustration over broken relationships with broken people because I don't know what a healthy relationship is. my heart aches for my loss and yours too. I wish it could all go away and it will be OK but it wont until I face the truth. Which I have and that it is not my fault!

I still hold strong to the belief of what my T told me.
I am a normal person dealing with abnormal experiences.
We are not broken people. I feel your pain and thank you for sharing your feelings here.
My friend said if I share my pain with someone I give 1/2 of it away and I have less after. The more I share my experience and feelings I not only lessen my pain but help others to get through theirs.
Sorry its such a long post, this just hit home for me.
peace
Rick

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.