Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#194976 - 12/12/07 01:20 PM Ins. co's @ T's, Wy Me ?
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
I am in a fit of rage and anger and I only have MS to turn to.

Why is it that I have to wait weeks on end to see my T? I am having so much trouble getting app't scheduled on a routine basis. I just don't know what to do or who to turn to.

Just got a call that my appt. for today is cancelled. My. T is sick and the secretary wanted to reschedule me for the first week in Jan. This is so Bull Shit> I need help now, not next year. My med's are not working, I need help now. I told the secretary to just forget it and hung up on her. I am totally pissed off. This is just Fkg crazy. My coping skills are not working either. I mean, how much crap do I have to take?

Why is it that no-one cares? They just don't get it. My GF, my kids, my so called friends. They think I am nuts. I am just tired of trying to explain. I want to recover and learn how to cope with my csa, but I am beginning to think it is a total wast of my time.

Sorry for venting, but I am on the verge of calling it quits.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#194978 - 12/12/07 01:28 PM Re: Ins. co's @ T's, Wy Me ? [Re: KENKEN]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Ken

Dont be sorry for venting dude!

Thank God we have MS!

No one here thinks you are nuts. We all identify with each other. We know each other's pain all too well.

You can come here and write something like you did above and everyone "gets it." You are not just shouting into the abyss. You are in a room of similarly hurting brothers. you are not alone!

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#194979 - 12/12/07 01:32 PM Re: Ins. co's @ T's, Wy Me ? [Re: KENKEN]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Ken,
I'm sorry your T is giving you trouble. If this is an ongoing situation, then its time to find a new T. You need a T who can see you every week. I have enough trouble with just once a week, sometimes I loose some of the stuff we've worked on the last week. Call your insurance company and ask them for another T who specializes in CSA. If you don't have insurance, call the Ts listed for Colorado in the MS directory and ask them if they know anyone in your area that may have a sliding scale if you need that. I know its really hard to stand up for yourself, I have that problem as well. But do you best and try because you need and deserve it.

As for no-one understanding, unfortunately lots of people don't understand us, maybe thats why I isolate myself so much. But isolation doesn't work either, so stay the course and just try to manage. If they don't understand, just try to make it through and see if you can get them to just not saying anything.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#194984 - 12/12/07 02:02 PM Re: Ins. co's @ T's, Wy Me ? [Re: onlyakid]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I'm sorry you're having a hard time with your T. \:\( I can relate. It took me years to find a T that I feel got results and that I clicked with. Now I'm finally happy with mine.

It's OK to shop around. \:\)

Glad you made it here and wrote!

#194985 - 12/12/07 02:13 PM Re: Ins. co's @ T's, Wy Me ? [Re: AndyJB2005]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Ken, my friend. I sure can empathize with this issue! It's one of the reasons I found a T that will not bill my insurance, but works on a sliding scale. Yeah, it's a bit more cost, but not that much - and there's no "scheduling" issues.

It took a while to find someone - but this issue is one of the things I ask them now - is how they handle scheduling.

M

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.