Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (Shyshark, Rich1967, PhoenixRising, 2 invisible), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63774 Topics
445363 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#194887 - 12/11/07 10:02 PM Just Thanks
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
I'm a big music guy, and when I can't find the words, I seem to always be able to find a song to say the words for me.

"If someone else is suffering enough to write it down, when every single word makes sense, then it's easier to have those sons around. If deep inside you find a line that finally gets to you, and it feels so good to hurt so bad, and suffer just enough to sing the blues. - Elton, Sad Songs "When all hope is gone, why don't you tune in and turn them on".

It can feel good to just feel sad sometimes, something I was told I wasn't allowed to do.

Thanks MS

Mike

#194909 - 12/12/07 12:16 AM Re: Just Thanks [Re: mogigo]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
You're very right, Mike -- it IS o.k. to feel sad if that's what you need to feel. I went through so much suppression of my emotions of a child, simply because I was in fear of those in my family. Learning to feel again and that's it's OK to feel again is a large step forward.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.