Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (CafeMan, Frustrated, Rustam, Jay1946, 2 invisible), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62564 Topics
438375 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#194788 - 12/11/07 10:42 AM How my father sees me
BruisedSpirit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ontario, Canada
"They cater to cowards"

This is what my father says to me after I tell them how great my new dentist had treated me last week. (my first trip to the dentist in over 10 years)

I had just been extremely honest with them. I had just opened up and told them how terrified I had been about going.

I was proud of myself and I thought they'd be happy for me.

Instead, my father calls me a coward.

Thanks dad.

I love you too.

#194790 - 12/11/07 10:47 AM Re: How my father sees me [Re: BruisedSpirit]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
That just totally fkg SUCKS!!!! What the hell is his problem?

I'd have a very hard time not telling him to fk-off. In fact I would just tell him to fk-off!

Still's Globs

New Video

#194793 - 12/11/07 11:27 AM Re: How my father sees me [Re: Still]
BruisedSpirit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Robbie,

Yeah, it does suck and I was angry but I would never be able to tell him to F-off.

Scott

#194795 - 12/11/07 11:56 AM Re: How my father sees me [Re: BruisedSpirit]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sorry...did not mean to put words in your mouth. Hearing crap like this just freaks me out to no end. And people wonder why we don't disclose to our parents...yeah right!

Hmm...let's look at how you might react Daddy-dearest. I cant count how many times my father spoke dreadfully about "queers" and people with a "screw loose." I saw him completely write-off life-long friends whom had nervous break-downs..."He's a mental-cases" I'd hear him say. Weakness was never something anyone could show around him less ye be judged quite harshly. Maybe that was a WW2 generation thing. But shit like that made CSA possible for so many of us.

Both our fathers are bullies in my opinion.

Sorry for ranting. This one just hit a MAJOR f-ing nerve in me.

PS:
If you listen hard, you can hear me screaming in rage here in NH.

Still's Globs

New Video

#194796 - 12/11/07 11:58 AM Re: How my father sees me [Re: BruisedSpirit]
thesun3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sorry about you're father's response. However, I congradulate your effort to take care of yourself! A psychologist friend of mine told me long ago...." sometimes...we have to become our own mother and father..." Take care and be kind to yourself..and if you don't want to tell your father to f-off......thats ok tooo....we are here for you.

#194807 - 12/11/07 02:21 PM Re: How my father sees me [Re: thesun3]
BruisedSpirit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Robbie,

No need to apologize.

You're right, they are bullies and that is exactly what keeps me from disclosing to my parents.

Scott

#194811 - 12/11/07 02:35 PM Re: How my father sees me [Re: BruisedSpirit]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
wow .. mine must have gone to the same "bubba-school".

Scott, I go along with others in congratulating you on your efforts to "be your own father". It's not easy taking care of ourselves when our whole lives we've been told we're not worth the effort. It appears you are learning (or have learned) that you ARE worth EVERY effort.

M

#194815 - 12/11/07 02:51 PM Re: How my father sees me [Re: MarkK]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

My father found out about the CSA in July. THAT shut him up! So now he has a son who "allowed THAT to happen for so many years" AND ended up in a mental hospital. LOL!! Be careful of what you critisize through your life.

BTW: I've been going through the day repeating that line "They cater to cowards" and sending loud "F-Yous" north to Canada. Maybe you've heard them!

Still's Globs

New Video

#194845 - 12/11/07 06:18 PM Re: How my father sees me [Re: Still]
BruisedSpirit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown

BTW: I've been going through the day repeating that line "They cater to cowards" and sending loud "F-Yous" north to Canada. Maybe you've heard them!

Hear them?

Bro, I felt them.

Thank-you.

Scott

#194915 - 12/12/07 12:30 AM Re: How my father sees me [Re: BruisedSpirit]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Yeah, fathers have a way of wounding their sons by crushing them in such cruel ways like this. I have a long list from my father. Sorry you got this hit from yours.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.