Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (86, Suwanee, 3 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442202 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#194206 - 12/07/07 07:35 AM New welcome
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
The new welcome message in F&F is great!

Thanks for the idea Indy and thanks for the polish John and the Modteam. It's honest, warm and welcoming - all the things we need to hear when first venturing onto the DB.

ROCK ON..........Trish

#194216 - 12/07/07 09:36 AM Re: New welcome [Re: Trish4850]
indygal Offline

yeah, it looks pretty good, hope it helps people feel a little less lost, a little more welcome.

actualy it kinda brings a lump to my throat - am glad i could help, even if only a little bit.

thanks mod team \:\)
indy

#194287 - 12/07/07 09:34 PM Re: New welcome [Re: indygal]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Glad you guys like it. We tried to keep all your comments as something that was specifically from you, the contributers, rather than something that sounded clinical and impersonal.

Other than a little cleaning up for the purpose of clarity it's pretty much as you guys wrote it. Thanks for all the contributions, and thanks to indygal for the suggestion and doing the compilation.

Hope it serves the purpose.

John and the ModTeam

#194412 - 12/08/07 12:55 PM Re: New welcome [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I really like it too. It hits just the right tone of encouragement for people who are coming to the forum for the first time.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#194433 - 12/08/07 02:15 PM Re: New welcome [Re: roadrunner]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Reads really well and is straight forward.
I like the emphasis on taking care of yourself because it is such an important part of helping others. I used to be one of those who gave and gave and had to fix it and in the process lost myself. Thats the codependency in me, and fortunately I learned how to take care of me first then those I care about.
Good job!
peace
Rick

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#194494 - 12/08/07 08:13 PM Re: New welcome [Re: GateKPR4]
SongofJude Offline
New Here

Hi - I actually am brand new here and am thanking you for your welcome message. Ive only been on here a few days and was trying to understand more. Hoping I wasnt going to wait forever for a response. To my suprise, hours after I posted my newly found concern (of my life, really) I recieved responses from two other f&f's. Its wonderful. Im glad they took time to respond to me. I appreciate that a lot - especially considering Im sure Im not the only one who is new. Im chocking up after reading your welcome message because of course it is hard for the victoms (more than I can imagine, im sure) but its also not easy for us - the ones who love them. I will take the advice to make sure and take care of myself.. as you had said it will help. It also helps me to feel more at ease in asking questions. Im sure you've heard a lot of the same questions before and I have read many posts and have never seen someone say, "look at a previous post because we have already answered that." (as I have seen this before on other types of support groups). SO! Your Welcome message was very welcoming for me. \:\) Thank you. Thank you.

#194511 - 12/08/07 09:41 PM Re: New welcome [Re: SongofJude]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

\:\) Happy to be here for you just as others were here for us...

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.