Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (unhappycamper, lapchinj, Bluedogone), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443361 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#194208 - 12/07/07 07:54 AM "In To the Great Wide Open"
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
OK not really just love Tom Petty. LOL

I am getting ready to get on the road for my move. We missed the snow here, just hope we miss it all the way there. \:\)

So I'll on and off the net for a while.

James

#194211 - 12/07/07 08:53 AM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: James_dup1]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

dont know where you are going------have a safe trip-----------steve

#194311 - 12/08/07 01:04 AM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: sabata]
James_dup1 Offline

Well here it is almost 11pm.. we started this journey at 8am. It's sopose to be a 12 hour drive. However not for us. First my son's car broke down so we have to unload all 3 cars then repack everything into 2 and leave his on the side of the highway. Then we get caught in a WY snow storm. Ever seen a WY snow storm? OMG!!! OK so we slow down and keep going.. then this semitruck goes by us a break neck speeds kicking up snow on to my windshield to where I can't see ANYTHIGN.. I try to slow down but end up in the ditch.. so me and my boys manage to get my car out of the snow filled ditch IN the snow all the while cars a zooming past not stoping to make sure everyone is ok. Then it really starts to snow so we have to pull over and get a room. Still have like 2 hours to go. I'm a nervous wreck. Haveing an axinty attct BAD!!!! So get into the room.. and I get a hot shower.. and that helped some.. my whole body is shakeing so bad and now I'm sitting here in the dark trying to calm down enough to get some sleep before we "try" the roads again in the morning.. maybe they will have the plows on the south bound lanes.. I can't tell you the number of north bound plows we saw tonight.

Ok going for now.

Thanks
James

#194380 - 12/08/07 10:47 AM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: James_dup1]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

good luck-----------------james

#194424 - 12/08/07 01:22 PM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: sabata]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
it will prbobably be easy to drive in daylight too. night/snow is scary. we're rootin' for ya

#194430 - 12/08/07 01:34 PM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: Jarrad]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
James,

I remember how crazy snowstorms could be in PA, and in Wyoming it's GOT to be much worse. If I were you I would just sit tight until you know the roads are safe.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#194450 - 12/08/07 03:36 PM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: roadrunner]
Amanda_D Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes State Michigan is ...
Poor Poor James...I feel so bad...Gosh that just sucks....I just know how much you hate the snow...Looks like it got you!!!

Glad to hear you boys got a hotel...got cleaned up and warmed up...must have been a long day and hard night...

Hoping the rest of the drive is good for you. I am cheering ya on!

\:\) Hang in there ....

"Just Breath" Your here and that makes all the difference!.....(wife of a surviver, trying to survive as well!) Here to get some answers and support...Here to do what I can to be a hearing ear.....Thankyou to all of you, ahead of time!

#194456 - 12/08/07 03:45 PM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: Amanda_D]
James_dup1 Offline

OK well we made it. The roads weren't "too" bad the rest of the way. A few places where the ice was built up but all and all it was ok. Slowest we had to drive was 40. But all is safe, now we just need to find a way to go get my son's car that we left on the side of the road. Oh well at least we are here, cars are replaceable if need be.

Thanks for the support
James

#194459 - 12/08/07 03:58 PM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: James_dup1]
Amanda_D Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes State Michigan is ...
Glad to hear James...Gosh I guess it could have been worse right? LoL

"Just Breath" Your here and that makes all the difference!.....(wife of a surviver, trying to survive as well!) Here to get some answers and support...Here to do what I can to be a hearing ear.....Thankyou to all of you, ahead of time!

#194477 - 12/08/07 06:27 PM Re: "In To the Great Wide Open" [Re: Amanda_D]
James_dup1 Offline

LOL.. well not sure about that I am my ex'es ;\) LOL at least for now. LOL

James

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.