Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (Nothing Man, AL-S, gatoonfanatic, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64155 Topics
447656 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#194428 - 12/08/07 01:30 PM CHRISTMAS AND IT'S TRUE MEANING
Lou Offline

Hi All!

I just wanted to share a website that me and my CSA BF listened to this morning while we were having our Saturday morning breakfast together.

First, I would like to add that we were introduced to this church in early October 2007 when we went to Albuquerque New Mexico to the balloon fiesta. My cousin and her husband live there so while visiting we attended church with them on Sunday morning and this is their church.

My BF and I attend a church similar to this in our nearby town, but find it is always helpful to listen to the message from other pastors as well.

I know that my BF sometimes has a hard time believing that he can be loved in the eyes of God, wondering why this terrible childhood sexual abuse happened to him, etc., etc.

The message this morning really helped him to think that God was put through a lot in his lifetime here while walking on this earth....as you hear in Todd's pod from his sermon "The Event That Split Time."

Christmas can sometimes be a hard time of the year for a lot of people, especially those that have no family, no job, no one to talk to, someone experiencing the pain of the abuse that happened so many years ago that they had no control over, etc.

As I drive around this Christmas season and I too see the plastic mangers in people's front yards, I pray that instead of asking myself....what do they do with these manger scenes all summer long?.......I will look at it in an entirely different light and instead say....this really did happen!

God truly did experience all of the pain that we as his children go through in our lives.....he died on that cross so that we can all be freed from our sins....and so that we can have him walk with us each day of our lives if we so choose to hold our hands out and ask him to walk with us.

May all of you find even just a bit of peace this Christmas season knowing that he is there....you are not alone...even though at times you think you are!

The website if you are so inclined to listen is:

http://sagebrushcommunity.com/podcast.html

Todd's Podcast - December 1, 2 "The Event That Split Time"

#453627 - 11/14/13 12:42 PM Re: CHRISTMAS AND IT'S TRUE MEANING [Re: Lou]
HaiRazor Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM USA
Dude, that's the church I attend! Todd is an amazing person, full of love and compassion for people. He always says, "You NEVER lock eyes with someone that doesn't matter to God! "

Awesome post!

#454455 - 11/19/13 03:00 PM Re: CHRISTMAS AND IT'S TRUE MEANING [Re: Lou]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i reject christmas.
i have my spiritual and emotional reasons.

it has pagan origins, rituals and customs.
it has mutated into a crass, commercial cash cow.
these facts, alone, did not bother me,
but i have nothing but miserable memories.
terrible times, that i would like to forget.
family members i choose to avoid.

however, my wife loves all the rituals,
and cares nothing about the roots.
she loves shopping, wrapping, and decorating,
no matter how stressful it gets.

ever since we had children,
i have been forced to endure the whole charade.

as a dad, i tried to bury my bad feelings,
but depression is difficult to deny.
still, we have managed to manufacture some good winter solstice memories.
but the new memories have not negated the old ones.

with all the advertising already started,
i can feel that familiar feeling sinking in.
time to put on a brave face for the family smile

pardon my humbug, but i am scrooge and grinch all in one.
the high grand climax/xmas/yule/saturnalia/bacchanalia/gody/lohri/chaomos/lenŠa/polo voladore/tohji-taisai/makar sankranti/dies natalis solis invicti/kwanzaa/hanukkah/weihnachten/sylvester...
whatever you want to call the mid-winter festival...
is not my favourite time of the year.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.