Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#194085 - 12/06/07 01:29 PM Re: no where else to go [Re: Hauser]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

yea i guess i need to get off my dead ass and do something-----i think fear is one of the things holding me back--------------and how i see myself-------------not good-----------------------i wopuld love to be involved in others lives--------------------but scared------------i mite screw it up-------------or the fear of rejection -let down-------------i read some where once------------------its better to have loved-than never loved at all-----------------------------i just dont know at times---------------------steve

#194098 - 12/06/07 02:15 PM Re: no where else to go [Re: sabata]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
sabata
sorry you are feelng shitty
why not go to the chat room and say so
sometimes talking to others help
hope you feel better
best
raul

#194099 - 12/06/07 02:19 PM Re: no where else to go [Re: sabata]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Steve,

It's pretty easy to call this place comfortable. You can come and go as you please, as someone else said, there isn't any expectations set on you when you come here. Nothing is asked of you... You can read, you can post, and most importantly, you can walk away whenever you like.

I ask you now Steve -- is the real world any different from that? Granted, when we work we tend to have schedules to adhere to... However in social settings we can come and go as we please. We can listen, we can talk, and if we like, we can walk away whenever we like.

If MS.org is your 'comfort zone'... Why not try to think of social situations as being included in the 'comfort zone'. Treat them with the same respect for the site... That you can come, go, talk, listen, or walk away at will.

A favourite quote of mine which really puts things into perspective is as follows:
Quote:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

~Dr. Seuss

Those who judge you, steve, don't matter! Those who matter, won't judge you... You have a lot to offer the world but you keep beating yourself up with these fears. Your toughest critic is yourself -- Don't you think you've punished and criticized yourself enough for this lifetime?

Wishing you all the best my Alta friend...
~Brian

#194247 - 12/07/07 02:11 PM Re: no where else to go [Re: frost]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

so this morning i started looking up volunter work in my area-i was ready-----------after looking at this-the requirments-----------------out going helpfull skilled ect and the forms to fill out------------------i got afrade------------i saw pictures of adukts helping others-----------------i thought to myself-look at all of those adults---------i cant pull this off----------they will know as i have no social skills---------------so -so much for that---------------------steve

#194249 - 12/07/07 03:01 PM Re: no where else to go [Re: sabata]
fixer Offline
New Here

Loc: Central Virginia
Steve, I'm just going back to work after healing from my wreck, and blowing another job. I'm so afraid my stomach has been in knots for the last week. For now, I'm just doing what I know I need to do...kind of like sleepwalking. I know I have to get somewhere, but I don't know if I'm ever going to make it. So I just force one foot in front of the other. Please let those who can help do so, and for now, just *act* like you've got it all together. I promise...I won't tell.

#194278 - 12/07/07 08:47 PM Re: no where else to go [Re: fixer]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Sabata,
There are other things like helping at the salvation army, and other non profit organizations. Most will welcome the help and it's a good way to start being part of something that adds meaning to your life. there are soup kitchens, churches, habitat for humanity.
Even if you don't have the skills there are a lot of places that will teach you the ropes of whatever it is they need help with.
Habitat also has resale stores that might need someone to help out with moving and setting up new items that come in. Thrift stores need help and thats not too demanding and are flexible.
Just a few other things you might want to try before closing the door on volunteering for something.
peace
Rick

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#194353 - 12/08/07 08:32 AM Re: no where else to go [Re: GateKPR4]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

yea i havent given up yet---------------the skills i lack are people skills----------------i see adults as the enemy------------crazey isnt it espically i am a adult--------------but i dont connect-------------------steve

#194372 - 12/08/07 10:05 AM Re: no where else to go [Re: sabata]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Steve,

I think it's a great idea to get out and try new things in the real world, but it's also important to respect your own limits. It's okay if you have to proceed in small steps - those are the ones that tend to last anyway.

Know what I mean? Try to find activities that look interesting to you, but which also don't challenge you too severely, stress you out and make you anxious about the possibility of failure. Any step forward is worthwhile, and like I said, the small ones tend to be the most solid and reliable ones.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.