I was talking with my psychologist the other day about how my CSA has affected me in everyday life, like how I feel like a failure and a fake, and she said I was filtering. She gave me a handout with some information about distorted thinking. Well, I thought, I'll read this, but really, I've been around the block. I've read all the self-help books. Don't think it's gonna help. So I started keeping track of the number of negative thoughts that come into my head and was shocked at how many there were. I think I encounter a negative thought probably every ten minutes! But the advice, as common sense as it sounds, really worked for me. I just asked myself, "Is this really true? Am I a bad employee because I have a messy desk, or because I don't call a client back right away, or because (insert any of hundreds of negative details here)" And the answer, of course, is no! Of course those things don't make me a bad employee or a bad person. How many of you filter like this? How do you deal with it? --Darren