Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shyshark, JW1230, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64008 Topics
446737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#193888 - 12/05/07 09:56 AM Hand of God
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN

I am posting this in case anyone would like to see it.

Tom

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/handofgod/

#193897 - 12/05/07 11:47 AM Re: Hand of God [Re: Muldoon]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I watched this some time ago now. His parents were JUST like Roadrunner's, very caring and attentive, but totally naive about the notion that boys could be sexually abused.

#193939 - 12/05/07 07:05 PM Re: Hand of God [Re: Hauser]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Exactly Alan. In our neighborhood I don't think any adult imagined that something like child abuse could ever happen. As my Dad told me after I disclosed to him, back then if you volunteered to help with the church or the Scout troop, well, you were automatically a good guy and worth trusting.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#193946 - 12/05/07 08:08 PM Re: Hand of God [Re: roadrunner]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
if you volunteered to help with the church or the Scout troop, well, you were automatically a good guy and worth trusting.

Larry reading that sent a chill down my spine.

#194029 - 12/06/07 10:52 AM Re: Hand of God [Re: theatrekid]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
I just hope that parents today understand that CSA does happen and it could happen to their kids.

#194175 - 12/06/07 10:47 PM Re: Hand of God [Re: Muldoon]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Mom was thrilled her son was getting special attention from the parish priest. The 70's and 80's were the hight of how wounderfull it would be for a devout parent or single mother to maybe possible have there son be a priest. Amazing how blind a parent could be because of the trust that goes with certian titles(priest, Cub Scout leader etc...) the movie sucked for me but should be manditory for all parents or expecting parents. Dont trust anyone!!! We show our kids sex ed videos in school on how to properly wear a condom but we dont prepare the parents on what scum there is out there and how they work. mvnforwrd

#194190 - 12/07/07 12:45 AM Re: Hand of God [Re: mvnforwrd]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Sorry I should add Its most times not the parents fault we should be able to trust as parents our children with priest/leaders/police/aunts/uncles/teachers etc...but know adays we know to much and parents should be involved in everything there children do and not to trust like our parents trusted because at the time it wasnt as well know as it is know our parents didnt want to hear about it but now adays every parent should hear about it mvnforwrd

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.