Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (woodenshoes, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#193599 - 12/03/07 02:26 PM My Last Post
JasonSmalls Offline

Loc: NJ
I just wanna say bye to everyone i met here. I'm not coming back. I got some message for Ken Singer and he doesn't believe me and has problems with stuff in my story. I don't care what he believes cause it happend and I'm not gonna stay somewhere i'm not wanted and i'm not believed. So thanks to everyone who did believe me and who supported me for a few days, cause it helped. Goodbye!

#193619 - 12/03/07 04:37 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: JasonSmalls]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Ken, is this true? I certainly hope that you have good information and you are right about this Jason. I believed him, so I guess he had me fooled.

Maybe I'm just nosey, but if what Jason says above is true, it means that the rest of his story is a lie. I wish you would share with us what information you have and why you decided to challenge this individual. I'd like to know that this isn't some kind of knee-jerk reaction to recent events with fraudulent members.

Of course, if you did NOT confront him, there is the possibility that Jason had concocted not only his story of abuse but this story about you not believing him, in order to defame you and MS because of some sort of grudge or desire for retribution. If so, it is entirely possible that he is one of the cadre of users that have recently been banned from the site for perpetrating hoaxes on the members.

So, in order to keep speculation from running rampant, I think absolute transparency would be the best policy. I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Lazarus

#193620 - 12/03/07 04:40 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: Lazarus]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Okay, I'm going to pipe in here.

I'm having a hard time believing that anyone would come to this site to disclose the feelings they have to potentially abuse others as a ruse. I sent Jason a PM regarding this. I would also appreciate a comment from either Ken or one of the mods explaining what happened here.

I have a desire to help Jason, but I also realize that complete honesty is required for this help to do any good.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#193621 - 12/03/07 04:44 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: BJK]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Me 3 - I have been duped on several occaisions and have become extremely reticent to connect with new members, but this guy seemed ligit... I was just working up the courage to post back to him.

It would be helpful for me to understand what in his story was susptect.

dan

Marge Simpson

#193626 - 12/03/07 05:10 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: dannym]
JasonSmalls Offline

Loc: NJ
This is what Ken Singer said to me.......

I just read Jason's story. I don't know about the part about staying with the policewoman. That just isn't done. About the uncle going to prison for 4 months, then 3 months later... maybe parole violation? I'd like to hear more details since he is from NJ and it's possible that I'd know the T or at least get some handle on this.

Stay tuned. If he pms me, I will get more info. Otherwise the helpful stuff from the members can't hurt. Just want to be careful we don't have a fraud case here.

Ken

Well it did happen mr. professional man!!!!! Yo claim to be a professional but you don't believe what I say. Don't you knwo you're supposed to believe everything I say? Thanks for nothin!

#193627 - 12/03/07 05:20 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: JasonSmalls]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: JasonSmalls
This is what Ken Singer said to me.......

I just read Jason's story. I don't know about the part about staying with the policewoman. That just isn't done. About the uncle going to prison for 4 months, then 3 months later... maybe parole violation? I'd like to hear more details since he is from NJ and it's possible that I'd know the T or at least get some handle on this.

Stay tuned. If he pms me, I will get more info. Otherwise the helpful stuff from the members can't hurt. Just want to be careful we don't have a fraud case here.

Ken

Well it did happen mr. professional man!!!!! Yo claim to be a professional but you don't believe what I say. Don't you knwo you're supposed to believe everything I say? Thanks for nothin!

... why would Ken tell you "If he pms me, I will get more info"? I'm confused why Ken would call you "he" if he was talking to you directly, and not say "you" ... or just ask you whatever more info he wanted ... unless he didn't know he was talking to you.

i'm confused

#193642 - 12/03/07 06:12 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: MarkK]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Jason,

This is ugly. It looks to me as though Ken meant to PM someone else with this information but instead it went directly to you. It perhaps isn't that he doesn't believe you, its that he's being careful for the sake of the members on the site.

You are new here... In past months there has been several occasions where 'frauds' have been found to be lying about their stories and their past -- in order to gain the notoriety on the site and to be a recipient of the compassion and love found here on the site. This has happened far too much in the last few months so right now the moderator team is keeping a very close watch over the goings-on of the site.

My guess would be this message was intended for a moderator. They have everyone's best interests at heart from what I have witnessed here at the site. They also don't work to prove wrong, they work to prove correct and to validate your story and what happened. It's a precaution that quite frankly I am thankful its taken here because the Moderators have been well equipped to handle these situations on a daily basis.

Of course I can't speak for Ken or the mods... But this is my understanding of things that happen on the site so I thought I'd offer it.

Even professionals make mistakes. Ken is just a human like you and I. The moderators are only human as well and this looks like a case of unfortunate human inaccuracy.

I can only hope that this is dealt with promptly and that you will continue your journey here at the site. Healing is tough, and its impossible to go it alone. This site is a powerful resource for those willing to accept the help offered here.

Wishing you all the best in this,
~Brian

#193646 - 12/03/07 06:44 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: frost]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jason,

That message was meant for me and Ken didn't know you would also be receiving it. He was advising me to put you in touch with him, but at the same time he was advising caution because one or two things you said seemed odd to him. That doesn't mean he disbelieves you. It just means those things are unusual.

As I told you in a PM, we had a huge case of fraud here a few months ago when a woman came here under about 12 different identities, some of which she had been using more than a year. That case, and another similar one, made everyone cautious. Since then we have been operating under new guidelines, and we are still getting used to those guidelines.

I know this sounds awfully complicated and unsatisfactory, but I want you to know that it never occurred to me to doubt you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#193652 - 12/03/07 07:19 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: frost]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hello JasonSmalls, from the way that PM reads, it is plain that it was sent to you by mistake, it was meant for someone else.
Right now you are hurt, and you are hitting out in all directions. That's why you have posted that you are leaving. I totally understand that you are pissed at Ken, I would be too. But Kin is only one person on the site, he is not the site. The site is about four thousands strong, why not stay. The easy thing to do would be to leave, you would be showing your strength by staying.

Take care,
Clifford

#193655 - 12/03/07 07:29 PM Re: My Last Post [Re: lostcowboy]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
well, at least i'm less confused now.
Jason - does it help you any?

m

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.