Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, tbkkfile, Nathan LaChine, highflight, Sojourn Survivor), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#193552 - 12/03/07 08:22 AM An amazing story!
Lou Offline

Just wanted to share a story of 2 young 17 year old boys who both lost both of their legs last winter in a blinding snow storm not far from where we live. They had a flat tire and pulled over to the side of a road and another young female driver hit them from behind and as a result their lives were forever changed....all 3 of them!

I saw a wonderful news story on our local tv channel this weekend and guess what? One of the young boys who lost both of his legs was highlighted on a news story.

The passion of his life was wresting....and guess what....we saw him slide out of his wheel chair, onto the mat on his butt, face his opponent and pin him!!!!!!!!!!!!

His best buddy who was with him and also lost both of his legs was there in his wheel chair cheering on his courageous friend from the side lines.

I guess what I thought of when I saw this story is that there are a lot of people in life that have a lot of battles to face, and if we can all face them with as much courage as this young man has had, we will prevail!

I am thankful that I have a loving God that walks with me each day, helping me to get closer and closer to the mat!!!!!

Best wishes for all of you suffering today....it will get better!

#193558 - 12/03/07 09:35 AM Re: An amazing story! [Re: Lou]
Amanda_D Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes State Michigan is ...
Thanks for sharing that story...it is so true.

Everyone faces these battles...you to can fight them and win.

There is no fixing what has been taken away, yet you can find a way to survive with what is left.

Each will have battle wounds, some will heal, some may not. But you are alive, take what is left, and don't give up the fight.

All my love to all survivors, Amanda

"Just Breath" Your here and that makes all the difference!.....(wife of a surviver, trying to survive as well!) Here to get some answers and support...Here to do what I can to be a hearing ear.....Thankyou to all of you, ahead of time!

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.