Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (BraveFalcon), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64196 Topics
447992 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#193467 - 12/02/07 01:48 PM Anyone ride a motorcycle?
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona

Do you ride to escape?

Been thinking about buying a bike...
I ride quads a lot, but haven't rode a bike since high school ...

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#193468 - 12/02/07 01:57 PM Re: Anyone ride a motorcycle? [Re: Frog]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

got a compound fracture----------left leg------------ridding------------in my 20s------------------they said i was lucky to be alive----------crap-it didnt work-----------ridding is fun------------------if for the right reasons-----------also in my 20s-----------i was ridding with a hard core outlaw group-------------which got me in trouble-----------------gee sorry you probley didnt want to hear my shit---------------i dont ride any more-to easy for me to hit something if i dont feel right------------------------i got a cool car------which is fun to drive------------and killer sound system-----------so i can drift off-----------------------------bikes are fun-enjoy----------steve

#193480 - 12/02/07 04:58 PM Re: Anyone ride a motorcycle? [Re: sabata]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
I drive bikes, Ive got a Suzuki GN125 and a Honda Hornet 250cc, they are tucked away at the moment while winter rolls over, but I love noting better than cruising through the country side on a beautiful sunny day. But still I'd rather have my car for the safety and comfort.

#193491 - 12/02/07 07:21 PM Re: Anyone ride a motorcycle? [Re: irishguy]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I've never yet owned a motorcycle -though I have rode a few - just knew if I owned one that it would get me into trouble...

I have had a few killer quads over the years though - still own 1 old 3 wheeler that will top 100mph - I found for me riding quads was a way to let out some of the pent of crap in me - I could just go out and tear up a trail and for just that litttle while the troubles of the past did not matter

had a highly modified snowmobile for a few years too

but my physical problems caused me to have to stop riding like i used to and I sold off most of my toys

yeah, I know it was riding to escape - it was the only way I had of letting it out back then though

I guess my love of power and speed even shows up in the vehicles i drive as I've never yet owned a vehicle I did not modify in some way or another - even the truck I drive now is lifted and has a powerchip in it

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#193493 - 12/02/07 08:21 PM Re: Anyone ride a motorcycle? [Re: TJ jeff]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I used to ride... back in my late teen - early 20's.

Those long summer evenings after the sun went down and yet the light lingered...
I'd go out on some lonely country road without helmet or riding gear, just my 501 cutoffs and sleeveless t...
And I'd ride...
Ride like there was no tomorrow...
Like tomorrow didn't matter...
As fast as the bike would go...
Long hair streaming back in the wind getting all knotted up...
Tears streaming back from my eyes...
Bugs hitting me in the face and splattering...
None of it mattered...
I just rode for all I was worth...
Because indeed I was worth nothing so it didn't matter...

I'm glad those days are past. I'm glad someone believed in me enough that I began to value my life and use some common sense. I'd love to own another bike but this time have all the necessary safety equipment so that at least there would be a minimal amount of protection.

I guess I wrote that by way of saying yes, I understand and appreciate the question.

Lots of love,

John

#193510 - 12/02/07 10:26 PM Re: Anyone ride a motorcycle? [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dean,

I was on a bike a few times when I was young, mostly when I was wasted and doing things like riding it through the house I lived in...sigh.

And I have seen a photo of John on his bike!!!! Maybe I will blackmail him with it to finance my Christmas shopping this year. \:D

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#193513 - 12/02/07 10:37 PM Re: Anyone ride a motorcycle? [Re: roadrunner]
fixer Offline
New Here

Loc: Central Virginia
I'm with Sabata.....

Broken Cheekbone and 3rd degree burns needing multiple surgeries. Otherwise, Bikes are great.

I'm just beginning to understand why I wanted to ride so bad. Part of it was attention, and part of it was deniial and selfishness regarding acting like an adult. I wrecked at age 43 after riding for about a year. I should have known better, and should have had my priorities (kids, family, etc...) straight, but part of me just felt like I deserved to do what I wanted, regardless of the consequenses or the effects on those around me. This behavior I think is connected to my childhood abuse. I'm not sure of all the links, but I feel it. Just my 2CW.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.