Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447718 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19352 - 02/03/04 04:58 PM Re: Shame
FlyWM Offline

Loc: Michigan
My therapist has talked about this, he says the two things that always come up in abuse cases are, shame and rage, usually shame, then further along in recovery the rage comes up. I am struggling with shame myself, so unfortunately I don't have much advice to help. BUt as Mike said, it is not your shame to carry, it is that of the people who abused you, I know it's easier said than believed, but in time the shame must diminish and then we can believe it is not our shame.

scott

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible in not a declaration, it's a dare.

--Adidas

#19353 - 02/03/04 07:52 PM Re: Shame
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Lee
Quote:
your insight has given me some hope that i can break the shame cycle.
i know it wasnt my fault but i have yet to believe it. Im trying to.
Dare I say - "shame on you for NOT believing" ?

The shame is ALL theirs Lee, nothing to do with you.

Dave \:\)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.