Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bloom, woodenshoes), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63801 Topics
445517 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#193380 - 12/01/07 08:20 PM a holiday tale.
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
so today was the day. i woke up and wanted to get my christmas tree. the last couple of years i usually just put up my small fake one. but i decided this year i was going to get a real one. so i wake up all excited and realize it is pouring. i live in phoenix... the desert.. it doesnt rain here. so i was pissed it chose MY TREE day to rain. so it stopped this afternoon so i get in the car and drive to target. (this is the desert... we cant trudge throught he snow and cut down our own. pine trees are completely unnatural.) so i get to target and realize i forgot my wallet. so i go home to get it. as im pulling into the target parking lot the second time, it begins to pour. so i figure i will shop around inside and get some other stuff while it is pouring and then go out and pick out my tree as soon as it lets up. so i do that. get the usual shit i need from target, pay, and take it out to my car. the rain stops. oh boy! so to the garden center i go. i ask the guy where the tree stands are and he says inside. so i go inside to grab one, and come out and its pouring again. so i say fuck it. and stand out in the downpour picking out the perfect tree... as perfect as i could see because they are already bound. i basically looked for a good height and strong trunk. so i grab the tree and haul it to the register. pay for it and truck it to my car.. the rain is now coming down sideways. keep in mind i am A. a faggot B. i parked ass far away from the garden center door because taget was crowded. so here i am, dragging my tree across the parking lot with the rain going sideways. i get it into my car and im all filthy, soaked, and freezing. i drive home and since i live on the ground floor of my apt bulding, i chuck the tree over the wall onto my balcony. i figure its better to let it dry off out there then in my apt. i then read the instructions on the base.. "make a fresh cut into the trunk" hmmm okay... so i go inside and get out my craft saw and start hacking it off. a half hour and 2 blisters later it was off. and in the base. so i cut off the ropes around it and it opened up. and its practically perfect. there are a few wonky branches and a couple of bare spots but i love it. i just finished putting the lights on it and it looks so beautiful. i knew today was the perfect day to do it. it smells so good. im blaring christmas music now. it was a good day.

#193381 - 12/01/07 08:26 PM Re: a holiday tale. [Re: Jarrad]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Merry Christmas....Jarrad! \:\) Your adventures today reminded me of a Charlie Brown Christmas...except you got a much better tree. It sounds like you are making memories!

Have a great weekend..

Dan M.

#193382 - 12/01/07 08:26 PM Re: a holiday tale. [Re: Jarrad]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
\:\) \:\) \:\) Love it

Think I'm going to do the same Jarrad, time for some new traditions around here.

Mike

#193383 - 12/01/07 09:03 PM Re: a holiday tale. [Re: mogigo]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

good for you---Jarrad-enjoy----------steve

#193384 - 12/01/07 09:06 PM Re: a holiday tale. [Re: mogigo]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Great story Jarrad,
I enjoyed it.
I like the smell of a real tree, it ads to the Christmas experience. \:\)
peace
Rick

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#193497 - 12/02/07 08:41 PM Re: a holiday tale. [Re: GateKPR4]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Great story, Jarrad. Glad you got your tree, and I hope you are able to enjoy it with someone special.

You have a talent for writing. I could picture the whole thing as if it were happening to me.

Happy Holidays,

John

#193505 - 12/02/07 10:14 PM Re: a holiday tale. [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jarrad,

And now it won't rain for MONTHS!!!!! lol

Great story. I'm so glad you persevered and got the tree you wanted. It's really good to start having your own traditions for the holidays.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.