Newest Members
Nora, matthewdavid, M.L., SammyJG, Rod2112
12887 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beakin (63), jenkob (52)
Who's Online
1 registered (Doubter), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12887 Members
75 Forums
66697 Topics
466045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#193201 - 11/29/07 10:53 PM Re: More on yelling: [Re: BJK]
thecoopstah Offline

Loc: massachusetts
I know precisely what you're talking about I HATE IT when people feel the need either out of comeplete disregard for others or they are just loud and i,too hate PTSD because i cringe and get extremely angry and confrontational.

I have always hated when i would be easily startled afterall i had to deal with the yelling through my whole entire chilhood.

Those of us who were abused know what it's like to always be on guard therefore i stay far away from people who just dont get it.

I feel your pain afterall i have been sober over 5yrs now and still i have moments when i'm startled by loud noises or people and i feel like screaming.

I'm a little better now but i can understand comepletely how you feel ....i know when i'm around loud peolpe and they are loud and i have no choice but to deal with it i have no problem asking them if they can keep it down and not yell so loud.

God bless you and i wish you the peace you sure deserve,'

" You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have "

#193236 - 11/30/07 12:16 PM Re: More on yelling: [Re: thecoopstah]
sabata Offline

i wither up and want to disseapear------------what effests me most is when someone at work-espically the bosses-------are having a bad day-----------i can feel this----------and all i can think about is what did i do wrong this time

#193251 - 11/30/07 04:58 PM Re: More on yelling: [Re: sabata]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Loc: Moscow, Russia

I am sorry that loud speaking disturbs and trigger you. I have the same issue and hate eing screamed at or listening to some girls' laughs.

I hope it will get better with time.

When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.