Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (AlexBoyd, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441784 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#193221 - 11/30/07 09:02 AM Not good with ages
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I know this maybe wierd but whenever I see a child actor that looks innocent/kid-like, I always try to figure out how old they are. I guess this stems from the fact that I can't fully grasp how young I was when my abuse took place at 13. Of course, I'm not good with ages so I usually have to go to imbd.com and look for the actor/actresses name and find out how old they are. I just got finished watching the lastest episode of "Scrubs" in which a kid has Lukemia, I would guess that this kid is probably 11-12 but I've been wrong before. Anyway, imdb doesn't have the information for this episode, so I'm wondering if anyone who watched last nights episode had a guess as to how old this boy was.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#193227 - 11/30/07 09:50 AM Re: Not good with ages [Re: onlyakid]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Hey jtt, Larry just gave me some great advice for getting some perspective, I found it a great experience for putting some of my fears into the right context. He told me to go to the department store and look at kids clothing, to look at the pockets and the zippers on the cloths, the patterns that are meant for kids. I could see the innocence there, the reason I wasn't able to defend myself. I'm not that helpless anymore.

Thanks Larry, hope you don't mind me passing-on your idea

Stay strong
Mike

Edited by mogigo (11/30/07 09:51 AM)

#193280 - 12/01/07 01:24 AM Re: Not good with ages [Re: mogigo]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mike,

No problem at all. If it worked for you, hey, I'm glad! Pass it on all you want. \:\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#193281 - 12/01/07 01:31 AM Re: Not good with ages [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jason,

I don't watch "Scrubs" so I can't say how old the kid is, but perhaps more important is how you are trying to relate to being 13 by looking for boys of about that same age.

You might want to try the strategy I suggested to Mike. Do something tangible and go to the boys' section in a big store - the Wal-Mart for example. Look for clothes for a 13-year-old boy and let your imagination run. What would you like if you were 13 again? Check out the designs, styles, fashions, decoration and so on. And hey, why not buy a pair of jeans and a T-shirt that you like and take them home? Let yourself actually see and appreciate what it means to be 13. You'll be able to see how little and innocent you were.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.