Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447733 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#193021 - 11/28/07 03:42 PM (personal) need help connecting w/ S/O in bedroom
lia Offline
New Here

Hi, my boyfriend is a survivor and I am here on this site to learn about that experience so I can be a little more understanding. He is amazingly kind and sweet except in the bedroom, where everything has to be his way or he gets turned off. His way is really rough and not only causes me to get sore, but leaves me feeling left out. Whenever I try to show him what I like (because it has been unsatisfying for me) he has some excuse to stop. Sometimes when we fight about it (the only thing we fight about), he says things like I made him lose his sexual desire.

I don't know if this makes sense to any of you or if you could help me make some sense of it. I really want to connect with him, but sometimes it is almost like he is involved in his own compulsive ritual. It feels like he has to act what he thinks is masculine to make up for what he went through.

Edited by lia (11/28/07 03:59 PM)

#193051 - 11/28/07 08:58 PM Re: (personal) need help connecting w/ S/O in bedroom [Re: lia]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Lia:
It sounds like the sexual abuse has affected the sexual>

#193160 - 11/29/07 01:38 PM Re: (personal) need help connecting w/ S/O in bedroom [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
lia Offline
New Here

Thank you for your comments, Ken.

I got my boyfriend to try therapy last Fall for a few months and he said it made him depressed and he won't continue. He also denies that the abuse, which lasted several years, has any effect at all on him.

I really don't know how to reach him without being emasculating, and I'm a little tired of his distance. I guess I could see if he will come with me to my therapy, since he has done that before.

Do any of you know of any books or resources that would be helpful to me in learning how to give him a supportive atmosphere to support healing?

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.