Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
3 registered (aniceguy, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443276 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#196970 - 12/28/07 01:50 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: FormerTexan]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

And perhaps, reasons to not vote for Ron Paul.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/15/124912/740

He is 'endorsed' by David Duke. And even I know who that is.

http://www.davidduke.com/general/ron-pau....html#more-3049

And isn't this rather like buying votes?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/12/paul-entices-co.html

I am thinking even more to not like this man.

Andrei

#197006 - 12/28/07 07:27 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: ak]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
A while back, Michelle Malkin, a reporter with her own blog, reported once on an entertainer. She demonstrated honestly how this entertainer went from pure-hearted to pure crap over a period of her career. To exact revenge upon and smear Michelle Malkin, some periodical at UNC concocted an article about Michelle's alleged hypocrisy on morals, and bolstered their position by submitting a poorly-altered photograph of Malkin wearing a bathing suit and looking rather "loose." Yes, it was Malkin's face, but it was the body of Meredith Chen, a girl whose photo was posted on Flickr. Both Malkin and Chen demanded Wonkette and Gawker Media, both accepting submits from UNC, that the story be corrected with the truth. Both media have ignored both women.

My point with all this? Not everything on the net that is "information" is necessarily true. And, not everyone who speaks truth will escape being smeared one way or another.

David Duke could endorse Jesse Jackson for all I care. It won't change my view of either one.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#197018 - 12/28/07 08:32 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: FormerTexan]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

The final link sounds to me like Paul is hiring college students to do work for his political campaign. The second link is kind of irrelevant....I really don't care who endorses Paul, it's all about whom Paul endorses.

The first link is pretty damning. As a usenet vet, I can attest to the fact that the document cited is legitimate and quite convincing.

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.african.american/msg/c8668bd3662b0fa5

Paul has some pretty good ideas, but I can't give my vote so a person with such reactionary views on race.

(One thing that really gets me is the term "radical right wing". If I learned one thing in political science and history classes in my youth, it's that in American politics, the term "radical" means extremely liberal.)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#198175 - 01/06/08 06:40 AM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: BJK]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here are some pretty big issues that I do not agree with Mr. Paul on.

-Abortion Rights. Not many people realize that the number of women getting abortions every year has decreased since Roe v. Wade. I have a hard time believing that a being that is incapable of being aware has rights that trump those of a woman.

-Stem Cell Research. Mr. Paul is opposed to embryonic stem cell research, which could put our scientific community back several years while costing thousands of lives.

-Oil Drilling in Alaskan Wildlife Refuge. I do not support many pro-oil causes when alternative energy should be our primary concern.

-Kyoto Accords. Whether one believes in global warming or not, adhering to the Treaty of Kyoto is important for diplomatic reasons alone. Futhermore, global warming is the one area where we simply cannot afford to be wrong.

-Same-Sex Marriage. Mr. Paul is a bigot, plain and simple.

-Racial-Religious Equality. See above.

I can't give this man my political support.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#199040 - 01/11/08 01:22 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: BJK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Not to rub anyone's nose in it, but hey, what happened to this guy in NH? He had a huge campaign fund and he was in a state where independently minded candidates like him should have been popular.

There wasn't a word about him in the English or German press, by the way. I had to surf around quite a bit before I could even get the news about how badly he had done.

It looks like, in real terms, he's no viable alternative at all to any of the leading Republican candidates. Soooo ... was it all spin? Just a colossal meltdown? What's up?

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#199045 - 01/11/08 01:45 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: roadrunner]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
To quote a blogger:

"Quite simply, the poor results for Ron Paul can be explained by the phenomena commonly referred to as "sensory overload".
Much like when an inexperienced parent bring their 3 year old child into a toy store for the first time, the result is more often not the joy and wonder anticipated by the parent but the opposite. Never seeing so many choices of bright and overly familiar symbols of comfort, junior can't handle the overwhelming choices of promised happiness and soon reverts to the default action that has always given satisfying results: a crying jag and/or the tantrum.
A quick choice now must be made by the person in charge here, the parent figure, which will inevitably be to offer nearest comforting icon available, the reassuringly familiar Disney caricature or the basely satisfying Cheet-O.
The voters in New Hampshire, while certainly not children but nevertheless having had to confront a plethora of ready-made plasticity, homogeneous row after row of promised happiness, reacted in similar fashion at this overblown birthday party, requiring their inner parent to make a bee line for the most familiar comfort object in sight."

To sum up this this mans assertion. The American people want bread and circuses. They can't handle the truth of the way the American Government has behaved since the beginning of the Spanish American War.

The dollar is swirling around the drain and they just don't "get it" until a loaf of bread costs a million dollars. Dr. Paul is telling it as it is and they simply don't want to believe it.

#199115 - 01/11/08 09:54 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser

To sum up this this mans assertion. The American people want bread and circuses. They can't handle the truth of the way the American Government has behaved since the beginning of the Spanish American War.

The dollar is swirling around the drain and they just don't "get it" until a loaf of bread costs a million dollars. Dr. Paul is telling it as it is and they simply don't want to believe it.

I love Americans who get a platform (for instance, a blog) and use it to explain to us all how stupid and naive "the American people" are (except for the blogger himself, of course!).

So Ron Paul got no support because Americans "can't handle the truth". Right. I think the average American is a lot more intelligent than most people with a blog give them credit for.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.