Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (Hanuman, WriterKeith, 2 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#194248 - 12/07/07 02:25 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
It's getting close to time for my annual cup of coffee here.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#195490 - 12/16/07 09:16 AM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: FormerTexan]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pardon a comment from a non-American in this thread.

I have heard and read of things about this person quite a bit, and have seen other Americans I know who seem quite in love with him and his thinking. But it seem to me as that, he is speaking much of 'revolution' that it seem that America as it's whole would not support, would not do, and do not want to hear about?

I do not wish to be to 'generalized' of the culture. But it just seemed to me that many Americans I have meet, that they do not wish to be told what is wrong with their country, that their country is 'broken' and need to be fix. Yes, there are some that do nothing but complain of their country. But it seemed more to me that many, they want someone as president that they can put blame to, but not really have to pay so much attention of what they are doing in the office, and do not need to focus so much to what changes is being made for their country, either good or bad?

And it just seems to me that, although this person speak as he can make so much changes to 'fix' what is wrong in America, that as president, he will not have power to do that? The 'executive' office of American goverment, that is only one of three branches, yes, and do not hold very much unanimous power, that he could do very many things without support of Congress? And I do not think he would get that so much support of Congress, because I just think Democratics would not support him, as he is Republican; but that he is 'radical' enough Republican that even his own party would possibly not support him also?

I think to hear him talk is interesting, even if I do not believe all he have say. But I just do not see how, 'in logistics', he could have the power to effect the changes he speak of if he was to be president. And in that situation, is it not like 'false advertising', and it would make him a deciever like many other politicians?

Andrei

#195516 - 12/16/07 12:02 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: ak]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Andrei,

I think many times, people vest in the office of president powers that he can't possibly have. I've heard so many people blame Bush for the economy, but the president does not govern the economy, nor is it in his power to do so, in the Constitution.

I would not call it false advertising. I would call it a good start. True, a president cannot make the changes needed by himself. Congress must introduce and pass legislation, then the president can approve or veto. However, the president can have addresses with the Congress, and can have national state of the union addresses over television, and effectively get his recommendations across to the point that public opinion can be swayed. Get a good president now, get a good Congress next.

Now if I may get a little more technical: Franklin Roosevelt passed several very bad laws in 1933 which only be reversed by a sitting president: Presidential Proclamations 2038, 2039 and 2040. These are based on a very bad law that amended the 1917 Trading With the Enemy Act, in 1933. This amendment declared the people of the United States the enemy of the US government, and thus granted Congress and the president the power to capture (steal) the people's gold (money). These proclamations were codified in 12 USC section 95b, and gave the president and the secretary of the treasury dictatorial power. Only a sitting president can repeal these proclamations, according to the proclamations themselves.

Where am I going with all this law stuff? I believe Ron Paul will have the integrity to get these very bad and powerful laws off the books, and move us to restored constitutional government. He can also fight against the central bank, a bank which has nothing but corrupt people running it. Our current president and the one before him do not believe in working for the people. They work for others who are bent and determined to break this country and take away the rights we have.

Andy

1. That

#195653 - 12/17/07 12:38 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: FormerTexan]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

This is how it will be reported on Chris Matthews tonight....

"Ron Paul sets the one day fundraising record for any candidate ever. Now on to more important news, will Hillary's hairstyle hurt her campaign. Let's talk to a 5 member panel to talk about her for a half hour."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=4008510

#195687 - 12/17/07 05:46 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Andy you are very very wrong.

How can you say the president doesn't have control over the Economy? By saying the president has zero control over the economy you are saying that the booming economy of the 90's was because of the conservative congress but then who do we blame the poor economy of the first part of this decade on? your whole statement dosn't make since.

The president dose have power over our economy. To debate if that is constitutional would be another thing.

Next I dont understand what is with some people, you talk about Roosevelt as if he was Darth Vader. he made decisions that i do not agree with, he did things i think were wrong. like Japaneses internment camps during WWII. However we would not be a country if it wasn't for him, he pulled us out of the Great depression (which by the way was caused by the conservative right in the 1920's) then won WWII he is the greatest president to ever live. EVER!

However Ron Paul is clearly a very effective fund raiser. he is very smart i think it is a shame the media is not giving him the attention he deserves. I would love for him to get the republican nomination. that would be fantastic.

#195702 - 12/17/07 07:13 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: theatrekid]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
theatrekid,

Sorry that my assessment of the law of the land seems to brush against your version of reality. However, I'll be glad to adjust it if you can *show me* where in Article II of the Constitution of the US the president has control or jurisdiction over the economic matters of this nation. Other than his power to accept or veto legislation submitted by Congress, I'm not sure you will be able to find it.

"To debate if that is constitutional would be another thing."

So why not debate it, then? If you feel strongly about your point of view, please back it up with the law. That's what I did with my previous post - I referenced our laws.

As for bestowing sainthood on Roosevelt, I have it evident in official documentation (our federal statutes at large, United States Code, and US Senate reports) that the man would hand power over to Darth Vader on a silver platter if given the opportunity. He did not save our country. He followed the rules set forth by the bankers of his time.

You need to look a bit deeper to see who controls the economy. Constitution aside, remember Alan Greenspan? He's no longer the Fed chairman, but people would always say that if Greenspan so much as coughed, Wall Street would slide. It's Ben Bernanke today. The chairman of the Fed wields more power over the economy than any sitting president. Why? Because the central bank indeed controls the economy. Even the father of the central bank, Rothschild, knew this. It is Fed policy that runs our economy. Our US president, past or present, has no say in Fed policy.

"which by the way was caused by the conservative right in the 1920's"

This is incorrect. The trouble was ultimately caused by a reduction in the money supply. Banks refused loans to people and businesses. This caused a reduction in the money supply as other loans were repaid. Gold was at this point removed from circulation by that saint Roosevelt, so there was no gold to compete against the federal reserve notes. There was only silver now.

Instead of blaming your natural enemy, the "conservative," focus your energy on the real problem in our economy: an unaccountable central bank that thumbs its nose at Congress while siphoning off our money as interest payments to enrich private stockholders. Yes, the Fed is a private corporation - Lewis versus United States, 1982.

Ron Paul opposes the Fed. I'm voting for him. I'm glad we agree on his candidacy.

Edited by FormerTexan (12/17/07 09:41 PM)

1. That

#195792 - 12/18/07 10:48 AM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Every time I hear the fed say that they are going to lower insurance rates to stimulate the economy, I wonder what the inflation hike will do to the money I have saved.

Our economy just seems so....artificial.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#195817 - 12/18/07 03:09 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: BJK]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Bryan,

I have watched my savings slowly lose more "value" over time. We need to get the heck outta that system.

A

1. That

#195870 - 12/18/07 10:02 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: FormerTexan]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Andy I am in a hurry right now so i will rewrite a better answer to your questions later, my point was that regardless of what the constitution says, the president dose have control over our economy.

I will reply to the rest tonight or in the morning but i got to go.

#195961 - 12/19/07 06:05 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: theatrekid]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Here is a link to a very good article on the banking system, and why Ron Paul is the man for the job...

http://www.newswithviews.com/Vieira/edwin73.htm

1. That

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.