Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, wiresguy1), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#194163 - 12/06/07 09:45 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: melliferal]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Either way, the central bank has to go. And Ron Paul will work toward this, if not accomplish it.

All due respect to the bees, gold and silver are constitutional money.

Edited by FormerTexan (12/06/07 09:46 PM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#194164 - 12/06/07 09:46 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: FormerTexan]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Very interesting comments you guys. Who says we can't have competing currencies? Who says fiat money has to be phased out all at once?

You're both very conversant on the subject of money and macroeconomics, but Mel? Why don't you also heed the advice of someone that has been in congress for 30 years, and a member of the House Committee on Financial Services, and has studied Austrian Economic Principles even longer, as well? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_School

Well, I don't want to flog a dead horse, Ron Paul isn't perfect so Mel can't support him. \:\(

Does anyone else want to help me hand out Ron Paul pamphlets this Saturday?

#194166 - 12/06/07 09:53 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

If I could get there I'd be there in a flash

#194168 - 12/06/07 09:58 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: MarkK]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'll have Starbucks Coffee in my X-large thermos, are you sure you can't make it?

#194169 - 12/06/07 10:06 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

sigh
yeah

#194173 - 12/06/07 10:31 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: FormerTexan]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan

All due respect to the bees, gold and silver are constitutional money.

Honey is gold-COLORED...

Gold was fine back in the day when most of it was controlled by governments and you didn't have billions-of-dollars-a-year businesses growing like kudzu everywhere. As of 2006, the US has $207 billion dollars of gold in reserve. How's that supposed to work? We switch to Gold, and it's time to start taking Chinese lessons.

I don't take issue with the central bank thing; truth be told I don't know anything about central banking versus free banking, so I'll give you all that one. Free banking might be for the best. The US lived for 80 years once without a central bank, I'm sure the world wouldn't end if we tried again. But I tell you, gold is a bad idea.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#194174 - 12/06/07 10:33 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser

Well, I don't want to flog a dead horse, Ron Paul isn't perfect so Mel can't support him. \:\(

Argh! I don't want to support him because he's (1) a politician who's (2) running for president. Grrrr, politicians.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#194224 - 12/07/07 10:38 AM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Alan,

You live pretty close to the makers of Door County Coffee (I think it's in Wisconsin). It blows Starbucks away! A freshly course ground French Pressed cub of Ethipian Yirgacheffe coffee from Door County (or Coffee AM) is generally how I like to start my day.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#194245 - 12/07/07 01:48 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: BJK]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mel, I'm assuming you hate politicians because they want to:

1. Tax you
2. Limit your freedoms and,
3. Basically run your life.

Well here is a guy that's running for President that is NOT like all the others. He believes in YOU. He believes that YOU can best decide what kind of school your children will attend, what kind of medical coverage you want, what kind of retirement plan you want to participate in, etc. He wants you to be free to keep ALL the money that you earn, to spend it as YOU wish, and to run your OWN life, not the way that bureaucrats in Washington think is best for you. Here is the only chance you're gonna have to do that for the next few years..........don't pass it up! \:\)

Also, please keep in mind that Dr. Paul boasts a 100% stellar voting record in regards to limiting the scope and size and expansion of Federal Power and spending. If you like freedom, I suggest that you support someone who's actions speak for themselves. In Washington, he's called "Dr. No" and for good reason. http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=296

I will finish this reply by siting a misnomer that Washington and power corrupts everyone. It does NOT. Some men stand behind their principles no matter what. The excerpt below sums up his moral character pretty well. If, after all this, I can't get you to support him, I GIVE UP!! \:\)

"Washington Did Not Change ME"

(CNN) Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) prefaced his answer to a question about cutting federal spending by responding to a previous statement by Sen. John McCain (R-AZ,) that in 1994, Republicans took control of Congress to change Washington, but instead Washington changed Republicans and spending got "out of control."

Paul said, "The statement earlier made that we all went to Washington to change Washington, Washington changed us. I don't think that applies to me. Washington did not change me. I would have liked to have changed Washington."

Paul eventually answered a question from Emily in Los Angeles who asked specifically which federal programs the candidates would cut in order to reduce spending.

"By cutting three programs such as the Department of Education, Ronald Reagan used to talk about that, Department of Energy. Department of Homeland Security is the biggest bureaucracy we ever had," Paul said.

#194246 - 12/07/07 02:06 PM Re: Ron Paul Update [Re: Hauser]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bryan. Personally I don't care for "premium" coffees, I was just trying to entice someone to help me spread the ideas of freedom.

I have a dirty little secret to confess, I buy Maxwell House, and only when it's on sale.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.