Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (Seekingwisdom, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447681 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#192811 - 11/27/07 12:50 PM Succeeded at failing...
midnight51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
This is how I feel... how can this be - my only lifes work will be to succeed at failing. and in it will be the misery... but it's not even my own... it's everyone around me ITS THEIR MISERY and it brings to me so much aching and pain... and once again I have failed... but insomuch i have succeeded - succeeded at failing \:\(

#192821 - 11/27/07 01:58 PM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: midnight51]
onthenet Offline
New Here

In my writing experience the best films always have what I like to call a dramatic premise. For instance, Romeo and Juliet, the dramatic premise is love will conquer even death. The way Shakespeare proved this premise? In the end the star crossed lovers would rather love in death than live without one another. Another movie with such a dramatic premise-Misery. The premise "Misery Loves Company". If you want joy in the room where misery is. Bring it w/u. I find that prayer and meditation wherever you find your source be it God, Buddha, or Self. Carl Jung said "If you don't go w/in go w/out." Be the love you seek and you will attract those who stand in love and if you are the only love in the room. You never know the good that a simple smile will do... Mother Theresa

#192865 - 11/27/07 09:38 PM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: onthenet]
Lou Offline

Onthenet,

Wow! That was inspiring! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful
message.

#192866 - 11/27/07 09:42 PM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: Lou]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Your a glass half full kind of person, aren't you midnight? LOL

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#192943 - 11/28/07 08:28 AM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: onlyakid]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
midnight51,

My experience is that failure is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we go into something expecting defeat, we are that much less likely to have the emotional resources we need to see us through to success.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#193004 - 11/28/07 01:33 PM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: roadrunner]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
midnight,

I understand your feelings. I have failed at lots of things in my life.

I can tell you that therapist support will be mch help to you. You low self esteem and constant spiraling down to the sad and painful feelings stem from lots of triggers in our life.

T helped me to be brave and more self confident so that I started to feel more at ease with my own position around other people.

So T would be a good help.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#193052 - 11/28/07 09:24 PM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: Lou]
onthenet Offline
New Here

I'm glad I could inspire you. It helps me. I was wondering I'm a new member and I'm trying to put up a post. It has to do w/y I'm here and I'm wondering do you know how?

#193053 - 11/28/07 09:28 PM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: onlyakid]
onthenet Offline
New Here

A glass half full isn't so bad. Wondering though... What made you call me midnight?

#193055 - 11/28/07 09:29 PM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: onthenet]
onthenet Offline
New Here

Anybody out there know how to post questions to the forum very interested in posting one myself. Is it the email post icon. If so can someone explain how it is used? I'm not very internet savvy. But I've got a post that I really want to share...

#193059 - 11/28/07 09:40 PM Re: Succeeded at failing... [Re: onthenet]
Lou Offline

Hi Onthenet,

Regarding posting, go to the discussion board and choose the forum that you want to post in.

When that forum opens up about half way down the screen there is an icon that says, New Topic......click on that and you should be good to go.

Good luck and hope this helps you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.