Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (CheerfulJohn, Tyler845, finallyhere), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63994 Topics
446677 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#192794 - 11/27/07 08:39 AM New feelings after being triggered
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
It seems that there are definitely some changes occurring in my mind since my last post in my "feeling triggered and I don't like it" thread.

I was quite overwhelmed with new and clearer understandings of my feelings and what I was doing, and how it was related to my past abuse and when I have felt these feelings before. A very welcome sort of meltdown indeed, if that makes any sense.

I have been dealing with a very strong bout of depression for the last few weeks, but for some reason it's not scaring the hell out of me the way depression usually does, in fact it's sort of welcome. I'm wondering if maybe I have been so busy focusing on my male coworker for the last year, and now I don't feel like doing that anymore, so there's this huge sort of "void" in my thoughts where all the overscrutinizing used to be.

The gloomy weather around here lately is certainly contributing it's share, but I know it's more than just that because I'm not fantasizing about my friend anymore. It actually feels kinda gross and inappropriate to think about him that way anymore, which I guess is a relief.

So it would seem that what I need to do is start getting back on track with how my daily life used to be so there won't be these empty spaces anymore. Currently I have been spending my time drinking at home and then sleeping as much as time allows. Lately when I find myself unable to sleep, I just take some sort of sedative (usually just an antihistamine, nothing major).

It's been extremely difficult to drag myself out of bed lately, but I have been managing to make it to work on time somehow.

I'm just so terribly unmotivated to do anything right now.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#192805 - 11/27/07 11:38 AM Re: New feelings after being triggered [Re: cbfull]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Okay, after discussing it with my friend, we seem to agree that this is mostly related to the complete lack of sunlight we have had here lately.

Although I have to admit my explanation above has a nice sound to it.

#192807 - 11/27/07 12:01 PM Re: New feelings after being triggered [Re: cbfull]
Barney Offline

Loc: Southern Utah/Northern Arizon
Seems to me that you are indeed depressed. The amount of sleep you need and desire to extend it sounds to me like a real sign of depression. You drinking is a good way to avoid what ever feelings you need to feel and the sleeping works that way too.

Might be good to see a MD and get some anti-depressants and a good t who can help you get past the need to zone out and help you resolve some of the underlying issues.

I know, it is so easy for me to suggest things for you to do and much harder to do them.

I wish you well and take good care of yourself.

B

#192813 - 11/27/07 01:24 PM Re: New feelings after being triggered [Re: Barney]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Of course everything you just said is completely correct. I am already on anti-d's and I have been contemplating increasing the dosage because the depression is feeling a bit heavy, but not so heavy that I can't come out of it... when I'm ready I guess.

The first thing I'm going to do is start using my lightbox just to eliminate the possibility of it being a difficult adjustment to the short days and gray skies.

Thanks.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.