Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
7 registered (Jay1159, Obi, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443455 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#192746 - 11/26/07 07:09 PM left over from abuse?
kgm Offline

Loc: usa
something i noticed is how dh is always doing stuff behind my back,not exactly acting out. it makes me feel like his is a teen & trying tto get away with stuff behimd his momma's back. he does not share much and i'm left to go behind him all the time cheking up on him picking up his messes from not thinking it threw. i wonder if his hiding things fr me is a replay from the secretss he kept from his mom & dad about the abuse back than? anyone hav this with ther boyfnd or husband 2?

-k

#192764 - 11/26/07 09:43 PM Re: left over from abuse? [Re: kgm]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

k,

This could easily be left over activity he learned as a child trying to hide the abuse and resulting fallout from his folks.

I don't know about him, but I had to live a continual lie in order to hide the abuse and my acting out as a teen from my parents. I learned it well. So well in fact that when I grew up and got married I was still living the lie even though at that point there was nothing to keep covered up. I would go out of my way to tell an untruth to my wife when it would have been easier to tell the truth, but the habit was so ingrained in my psyche I knew no other way.

While this may not be his problem, it's worth considering at least.

Lots of love,

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.