Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (highflight, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63548 Topics
444000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#192664 - 11/25/07 07:36 PM Christmas Sucks
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
During the Holidays it seems that my depresion becomes a LOT harder to deal with . People seem to expect you to attend certain family funtions .I just do not like being around crouds. I don't give a shit about these things and wish that people would just let me alone .
Maby I am just am old Scruge . But to me Christmas hasen't got any thing to do with Santa and draging a dam tree into my house .
I will be glad when it is past.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#192666 - 11/25/07 07:45 PM Re: Christmas Sucks [Re: OKIE MIKE]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Michael my dad is grew up Jewish and my mom grew up Christian this causes a huge amount of tension in my house during the holidays. My mom loves the holiday and my dad hates it so their is always alot of arguing in the house leading up to Christmas. then the rest of my family can't get along with each other so their is always problems when we get together so any more all my siblings do their own things for the holiday (i am the youngest out of six and the only one left at home) so my holiday is usualy pretty lonely.

i feel like i get pretty depressed this time of year also. So your not alone buddy.

#192668 - 11/25/07 07:52 PM Re: Christmas Sucks [Re: OKIE MIKE]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Awww Mike,

Christmas is actually a great time of year. Think of the finer points about the Christmas season... The weather is cold, yet people keep smiles on their faces... Stores, Homes, etc get decorated with such beautiful splashes of colours with not only lights but other miscellaneous decorations. People take time to think about loved ones and distant friends.

Too many people get all grumpy around Christmas time. It's quite unnecessary really. I agree, Christmas isn't about Santa Claus, or dragging a tree into your house. To me, its about celebrating the time of year. Celebrating the year that has past. I also have some private things that I celebrate that no one knows about but... It's a party in my head \:\)

Make Christmas a representation of WHATEVER you want it to represent, and celebrate it! If its not about Santa or a Tree, then make it about your license plate collection. Celebrate your license plate collection.... Hell, decorate a tree with license plates! Christmas is about what you want it to be.

The vast number of people who observe Christmas don't all observe it because of santa or a tree, or because of Jesus' birth... They celebrate the things that are meaningful to them.

All the best Christmas (license plate) cheer to you!
~Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.