Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (teba, 4 invisible), 75 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438063 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#192662 - 11/25/07 07:30 PM Where do I start?
YeahRIght Offline
New Here

I am a 25 year old male survivor of CSA. I was very young when it happened and have never truly dealt with it in anyway at all. Throughout my life I have experienced the many problems associated with survivors of CSA. I am ready to deal with this issue now, but have no idea where to go or how to begin. Im not even sure if my family is aware of the abuse that occurred, or if they are, why it has never been discussed. I guess Im just looking for some direction on where to go in order to begin to heal. Therapy is not really an option as I do not currently have health insurance, but any help would be appreciated

#192669 - 11/25/07 07:56 PM Re: Where do I start? [Re: YeahRIght]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
welcome to MS your in the right place to start recovery, it has helped me a lot. feel free to post in the forums or talk in the chat or even just listen and read other peoples posts. sorry you need this place but glad you found it

,Chris

#192670 - 11/25/07 07:59 PM Re: Where do I start? [Re: YeahRIght]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
My best suggestion for "Where to start" is invest in a book called "Victims No Longer" by author Mike Lew. His book will greatly help you in identifying what you need to work on and how the sexual abuse has affected and is still affecting your life. That's where I started about 11 months ago and the book really changed my life. It made me really be able to identify key themes in my life and really gave me a ... a place to start.

All the best with your recovery, and welcome to the site.
~Brian

#192673 - 11/25/07 09:29 PM Re: Where do I start? [Re: frost]
YeahRIght Offline
New Here

I will look into that book, thanks. I am primarily interested in finding out how was actually affected by the abuse, as I was so young when it happened, I have trouble differentiating between the aspects of my person which are a result of a abuse and those which are not.

#192681 - 11/25/07 11:52 PM Re: Where do I start? [Re: YeahRIght]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona

Welcome to the site:

Link to the bookstore here on MS.org:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/bookstore.html

look under male survivor books

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#192686 - 11/26/07 12:18 AM Re: Where do I start? [Re: YeahRIght]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Originally Posted By: YeahRIght
I was so young when it happened, I have trouble differentiating between the aspects of my person which are a result of a abuse and those which are not.

Me too.

#192732 - 11/26/07 04:00 PM Re: Where do I start? [Re: theatrekid]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Welcome also to MS.

Another book I found very helpful is entitled :The Sexual Healing Journey: a guide for survivors of Sexual Abuse. Author is Wendy Maltz

Sure glad you are starting your healing. It took me almost 50 years to break my silence and get help the correct way, through the use of Therapy and friends. I am so glad I found this site also.

Best of luck.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#192783 - 11/27/07 02:59 AM Re: Where do I start? [Re: KENKEN]
YeahRIght Offline
New Here

Well I have to say that I was initially VERY apprehensive about this site. I was not sure what to expect, but you have largely proven yourselves to be exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Informative, helpful, and at least seemingly genuinely supportive.

So thanks a lot, I know I have a difficult road ahead of, I'll keep you all updated.

#192945 - 11/28/07 08:34 AM Re: Where do I start? [Re: YeahRIght]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
YeahRight,

Another word of welcome to the site. Have a look around and you will discover lots going on that could benefit you. Have you seen the section on "Myths" on our home page, for example? Look down the left-hand side and you will see where to click.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#192999 - 11/28/07 01:25 PM Re: Where do I start? [Re: roadrunner]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
YR,

Welcome.

I want to echo Brian and Larry. Search for the book "Victims No Longer". It is a great information source with lots of insights from the author.

Look into this site, find resources, artcles, and, as was said, continue to post and talk with other guys.

You will alwats have a moderator support and feel free to PM with any questions.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.