Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, Obi, tbkkfile), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63579 Topics
444199 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#192487 - 11/24/07 04:00 PM Poor health adds to the problem
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Hey guys,

I posted some time ago about IBS, inflammed gut basicly, and I found the remedy, my belt was too tight but since I have been feeling great "healthy" my mind is much more clear regarding the abuse. The funny thing is, well not funny but the abuse had me afraid to feel or be in touch with my body and that led to not being able to read my bodies needs. The belt was tight and I tactilly liked it that way but it was causing severe abdominal and bowel problems I just couldn't read the signs. I am kind of torn when it comes to my feelings and especially my body.

Long to short - Our health gets worse with the abuse lingering around in our minds thus making it harder to heal the mental side of our lives.

Try to stay in touch with or get in touch with your body, read the signs and pay attention to them.

I feel like I am twenty again, joking around, living life like it should be lived. I could have gone through all of this without the stomach problems, it would have been much easier.

Don't add problems, stay healthy and read your body signs of distress, don't neglect your body.

Love you guys,

#192531 - 11/24/07 10:54 PM Re: Poor health adds to the problem [Re: John Oarc]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

That's such an important point to make, though I am the last one who deserves to urge it on anyone. I have made a lot of progress in so many areas, but taking care of myself physically is one area where I am still quite a mess. I needed this reminder! Thanks! \:\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#192773 - 11/26/07 10:55 PM Re: Poor health adds to the problem [Re: roadrunner]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I too am a mess in taking care of myself. I'm getting better though, I used to eat out all the time. The only thing that got me out of that habit is one month, my hours got cut severely due to a lack of work, that caused me to count every penny and now I eat oatmeal for breakfast and a turkey sandwich for lunch which I make. So I'm still overwieght but I'm getting healthier and I've seen some minor changes already because of it.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#192774 - 11/26/07 10:55 PM Re: Poor health adds to the problem [Re: roadrunner]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I too am a mess in taking care of myself. I'm getting better though, I used to eat out all the time. The only thing that got me out of that habit is one month, my hours got cut severely due to a lack of work, that caused me to count every penny and now I eat oatmeal for breakfast and a turkey sandwich for lunch which I make. So I'm still overwieght but I'm getting healthier and I've seen some minor changes already because of it.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#192779 - 11/27/07 12:27 AM Re: Poor health adds to the problem [Re: onlyakid]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

That is true, although sometime we do not have such control over our health. But it is always best to try to maintain it, if we can, because we do not need to add further damages or problems to ourselfs.

Andrei

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.