Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, tbkkfile, wiresguy1), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#192144 - 11/21/07 08:08 PM Thanksgiving for real
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Quiet holiday this year with friends and nearby family, but these are the thanks I really want to say:

• Thanks to everyone here who heard my first frightened tries to share my story, who put an arm around me with their words. You've helped me believe in myself a lot more and still give me the courage to peer into the shadows.
  • Thanks to the guys sharing their story here for the first time (or the second or the third). I hope you know how much you're honoring us with your trust. You've helped me remember the power of finding our voice.
  • Thanks to the men who've gotten hurt here, and made the decision to keep coming back and find their own level of trust. You've helped me stick around, too.
  • Thanks to the guys in my healing circle, and to Tom for getting it going! I've always come out with an amazing sense of peace: "They get it. They understand!" Different stories, but so much we've shared. Never posted how great I think you guys are.
  • Thanks to the mods for all their work, tough decisions, and support. The world needs more high-tech traffic-cop/mediator/detectives with such big hearts!!!
  • Thanks for the Internet doing what it does best -- bringing people together. I'd be talking to a journal without this place, and that was getting pretty lonely!
  • Thanks for the folks who've nudged me gently to go find a T. As Larry put it, "it's not a do-it-yourself project." Thanks in advance for keeping on nudging me!
  • Thanks for having different points of view, for disagreeing, for listening to each other. I didn't learn much about healthy conflict in my past.
  • And one for me--thanks to that brave kid who didn't get shattered, to that core of my being that remained solid and true--thanks to the teen who carried all that pain that wasn't his -- to the young man trying to teach himself how to live in the world--to the older man learning to forgive himself and keep learning.

Thanks, guys.

David

#192176 - 11/22/07 06:03 AM Re: Thanksgiving for real [Re: MemoryVault]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
David - some things in life are priceless - this site and the people here are more than priceless. I include everyone here in that.

Have a good holiday!

Best wishes ...Rik

#192177 - 11/22/07 07:13 AM Re: Thanksgiving for real [Re: RICK57]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
David,
I'm still new here and reading your post gives me hope for a better future. I stumbled on to this site googling for a support group and it was nothing short of a miracle I ended up here. I needed to read what you had posted and especially remember "it's not a do-it-yourself project." Even working with a T this site has been a great addition to my toolbox.
Thank you and everyone here on MS
peace & happiness
Rick

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#192186 - 11/22/07 09:46 AM Re: Thanksgiving for real [Re: MemoryVault]
jach1 Offline
New Here

Loc: Colorado
David,
Sometimes being thankful is difficult. You put life into a great perspective. Of all your thank you's, I like the last one because I am thankful now for the same reason. At 66 years of age, I finally have come to a point of healing from a 4 year old abuse situation. I lived all my life with the resultant trauma, not knowing what was going on. Why the pain? Now I am figuring it out and living the recovery. I am not with my family today because of the strain on our relationship brought on by a series of illnesses for both of us and mainly by my inability to deal with life. I am finally getting a handle on things and have a long way to go. I will not live with the hidden pain, damaged self-concept, and relationship difficulties any longer. It is scary for me to face this. I have tried to make changes in how I feel about myself and how I relate to others, but have always fallen short. In comparison to when I was in high school, I have come a long way, but I have so far to go. I don't know where I am going for sure or if I will remain a married person. I do know that I am starting to live a more self satisfying life, knowing that I am a good person who does not need the constant approval of the outside world.
I am thankful today that I have finally figured out how to start on a path to recovery, in spite of the pain of being away from family for awhile.

#192212 - 11/22/07 02:21 PM Re: Thanksgiving for real [Re: jach1]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Thanks for posting David,

While it's not thanksgiving here in Canada... These are definitely things to be thankful for ! \:\)

Enjoy the holiday
~Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.