Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63172 Topics
441743 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#192057 - 11/21/07 05:09 AM Dont know what to do
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

I ams seeing a counsellor and on meds for depression, now ive got an appointment with the primary mental health care nurse for an assesment. This appointment is for Thursday and im dreading it.
I will have to talk about my abuse and all the problems that im having. It has taken me about ten visits to the counsellor to open up to him. Ive dissed on him and broke a chair in his office, now ive got to talk to a mental health nurse and im scared. What happens if i diss on her or become violent. Ive been sectioned once before.
Ive kept away from ms because ive been going through paranoid feelings, one minute im ok then the nexted i get stressed and very paranoid. I did not want to drop all my shit on you at ms.
Im trying to keep a lid on my thoughts and emotions. I dont want to feel like this anymore.
Sorry for rambling, but my life is very stressed, i told my doctor that the meds are doing nothing for me and he just put me on another month of the same meds.

#192075 - 11/21/07 07:33 AM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just got back from my counsellors office, he had phoned in sick just before i got there and there was no one else i could see. I had prepared myself to talk to him about something and now its going round and round in my head.

#192077 - 11/21/07 07:42 AM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
Well things seem to have worked out at least for now.
Do you tell the counselor or the nurse about your concerns regarding your behavior up front and ask for advice? DO you think that might help?
I will try to log into the chat room today if you need to talk or just want company.
~Raul

#192087 - 11/21/07 09:18 AM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: rcm]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Hey,

Anger is a very powerful emotion and one hard to deal with. I know I still have issues with it from time to time. As for you seeing this nurse for an eval and haveing to open up about your abuse and such. You might try writeing it down in a letter format and just let her read it. Might even be able to drop it off before hand and then she's up to speed and keep you from haveing to talk about it for the first time. Thats what I hate about the first time visits.. haveing to re-tell my story.

Best of luck to you man ^5's and know we are here for you. If you post whats going on it isnt "dumping" it's getting support from men who understand where you are and what your going through. Yes it's impossable at times, been there done that. But know we do understand and we do care. Share what you can, when you can.

James

#192582 - 11/25/07 06:57 AM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Seven,

Originally Posted By: SEVEN ARROWS
Ive kept away from ms because ive been going through paranoid feelings, one minute im ok then the nexted i get stressed and very paranoid. I did not want to drop all my shit on you at ms.

Sometimes we just need to vent, bro. We need to let it out in whatever way it tumbles onto the page. Please do feel you can trust us to understand when you need to do this - we have all been there.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#192654 - 11/25/07 05:03 PM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: roadrunner]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

I went to the meeting on Thursday and saw the primary mental health care nurse. It lasted for just over an hour, and i had written a letter detailing the abuse and what is going on in my life. This was in the hope that i did not have to say it out loud.
She read it, then she asked me questions about my family and life and i tried to answer and talk to her but i was having a hard time with the questions. I thought hold it together and i will get through this and get help.
I nearly lost it a couple of times, but she gave me time to get it together and i pushed on because i thought at last here is someone that can help me with so many problems.
Then i had to have a break and hid in the toilet for about fifteen minutes.
I went back into the office and she said that she is putting me on another waiting list. Then i would be on the books of a psychiatrist who would be my counselor and take over my meds. So im on another list, more waiting time.
She said i needed long term help and she is sorry but i will have to go through this again when i meet the shrink.
The meds the doctor gave me are not working. Ive been on them for two months now. When i told my doctor that they are not working he just gave me some more and said give it time.
I am finding it very hard to leave the flat, im going from being very happy to being paranoid and down. This happens to me all the time.
I cant use the phone and talking to people is hard. It just goes on and on getting worse.

#192730 - 11/26/07 03:51 PM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
Are you seeing someone in the meantime or do you have to wait until the new doctor can see you?

#192733 - 11/26/07 04:09 PM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: rcm]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Seven:
So hard to do all the waiting between appointment, In my case, after they, (doctors and nurses) ask if I am suicidal or not, they make a guy wait for weeks to get in to see some one. I have found help in journaling when I am down and out. It helps to write down how I feel and at least get my thoughts on paper. Also if you are into reading there is so comfort in that for me. It is a tough struggle but I am finding out it is worth it.
Good luck man.

I really feel for ya.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#192785 - 11/27/07 05:58 AM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: KENKEN]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

rcm
Yes im seeing a counselor and a doctor, but when i see the psychiatrist i will have to start from the beginning again. As the psychiatrist will be taking over from my counselor and doctor.

KENKEN
I have brought a book and i keep trying to write a journal, but i just stare at the page and end up writing nothing. Yesterday i got a letter informing me that im not entitled to income support benefit and i now have to make a fresh claim, but this time apply for incapacity benefit. Ive already waited two months without money and now i dont know how much longer i have to wait.
All this shit being bumped from one person to another and waiting for the right benefit is making things so hard. I feel like just getting away from everything and hiding. I know it will not do any good, but its so hard just sitting here with the paranoia, diss, and im having problems leaving the flat, but i have to wait until my doctor gets back off his holiday before i can see him.
I try to keep going and try to keep it together, but its getting harder as the weeks go on.

#192799 - 11/27/07 10:21 AM Re: Dont know what to do [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

WELL NOW ITS OFFICIAL.

I have been told that im not entitled to income support, and now im not entitled to incapacity benefit. So no money, no home, endgame.

I am seeing a counselor. Ive lost my job due to mental health problems. My doctor has signed me off work for the long term. Im on medication for depression. The mental health primary care nurse has put me on the waiting list for a physciatrist, and in her words i have ''long term mental health problems arising from the long term abuse i suffered as a child.

But hey fuck you says the state, no money for you...........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.