Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (Seekingwisdom, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63204 Topics
441955 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#191950 - 11/19/07 09:59 PM Christian and Gay?
Liam Offline

Loc: Currently South Africa
Is there any one on here who is christian and gay. If so i would love to ask some questions. I am coming to terms with who and what i am but i do feel the need to speak to someone about this - other than my therapist who is straight and happy with his lifestyle. I attend church - love God and seek to find some advice from others who still love God - even after they came out. The current church i am in is not supportive and i know how they feel about it. If your out - Your Out of friends, church, family and God. So yes i would much appreciate it. Thanks

#191983 - 11/20/07 09:20 AM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: Liam]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
i was raised roman catholic. that wasnt really a great environment for someone who is gay. i dont currently go to church on a regular basis. i did find that there are churches that are accepting to gay guys. i found this link that might help. im not sure where you are, but maybe there is a church near you.
http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Church/find_a_church.htm

also, might be interesting to look into unitarianism. i have been to a couple of unitarian services and it was actually really embracing. it is more about a healthy spiritual realition with god (and god isn't as defined.) the congregation i was a part of was made up from people from all different religious backgrounds who were not getting what they needed from their current church. and it was really accepting of the gay community.. like for example, one of the speakers was a transgendered male to female. and it wasn't a big deal. the speech wasnt even about that. it was just a non issue.

hope that helps. it is possible to be gay and be religious.

#191998 - 11/20/07 02:25 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: Jarrad]
CarnagedOntology Offline
New Here

Loc: California
Hi Liam - I was raised Protestant and being Gay or Bisexual was not considered to be an "acceptable" lifestyle. During services I felt so out of place and ashamed of my interests. There were sermons completely devoted to homosexuality and how being Gay was the ultimate abomination. I won't go into all the details of how this made me feel, but I am sure you already know from your own personal experience with "the church". Through all this I found that God is the only one that knows what is in MY heart. To me, "religion" is just a nice way of saying, Cult. I do not belong to any type of religion and I refuse to pay respect to the so-called teachings of any pastor, priest, etc that uses God as leverage. It is a sad state of affairs. The "word" is now so distorted to meet ones personal agenda, it turns loving people away that want nothing more then to be accepted as fellow human beings. The human beings that God made in His image.

#192010 - 11/20/07 06:36 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: CarnagedOntology]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I believe that our lives and the love we exhibit there is what God desires of us...just as you said CO, only God knows what's in your heart and He will work with you, and me, and anyone else who desires that...
religion sucks cause it is man made and it has been corrupted to the degree that it, in it's organized, legalistic form, does not reflect what God desires of us.

buzz

#192011 - 11/20/07 06:48 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: buzz_key]
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Liam,

If you'd like to attend a really wonderful retreat for gay and bi Christian men, go to http://www.kirkridge.org and check out the January weekend coming soon.

Taz

#192049 - 11/21/07 04:07 AM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: Dale English]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi Liam, A year or two ago I came across a bible study done by a gay man, Justin R. Cannon. The study gave him peace of mind, and it may do the same for you. http://www.truthsetsfree.net/bible.htm
If Justin R. Cannon, is correct it is not homosexual that god condemns.

Take care,
Clifford

#192372 - 11/23/07 01:55 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: lostcowboy]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Liam,

Although I am not gay it fills me with rage that gay men are made to feel they are not welcome in any religious community. Since when does any human being get to dictate to another who God does and doesn't love and accept? That strikes me as the ultimate in arrogance and bigotry.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#192516 - 11/24/07 08:50 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: roadrunner]
Nate Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
i'm gay and a christian. check out gaychristian.net its been very encouraging to me.

- Corita Kent

#193374 - 12/01/07 07:01 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: Nate]
Redsongbird Offline
MaleSurvivor

I will second what Nate said....go to gaychristian.net it really is a good place.

#194202 - 12/07/07 05:48 AM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: Redsongbird]
ChargerBoy Offline
New Here

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
I am gay and was raised in the Church of Christ. I know that you may have some conflicting emotions going on, but I personally believe that God made me the way I am for a reason, and if God didn't want there to be gay people in this world he would have not made gay people. We all have a purpose in this world, weither we recognize it at this time or not. He made us all for a reason. I am personally proud to be gay, and I know that God made me just the way he intended me to be.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.