Mike,

I'm not too worried about offending, (you might have noticed that) and no one has ever called me 'politically correct.' I don't start out intending to offend, but I don't tailor my words to the audience. I also don't want to use the lowest common denominator as the basis for our society, like TV producers do in deciding what to put on the air.

I do not have hatred in my heart. There are very few things in this world that I can actually say I hate. Foremost on that short list is/are the zealots; closed-minded people who allow no convictions other than their own; people who beleive their own superiority gives them the right to persecute all others; people who are certain that a difference in belief, culture, race, even sex should be, and often is, enough for a death sentence; and finally, people who do no believe or uphold the sanctity of human life.

From the Pharoahs to the Ceasars to the Czars to the Dictators to the War Lords and Drug Lords, each time in history has had their zealots and their Zealot leaders. In the present time, it is the Mullahs and Ayatollahs and the fundamentalist zealots of Islam (and the War Lords in Darfur, but that is really historically insignificant). Hopefully, history will see these zealots down the path of their predecessors into oblivion, without taking the rest of us with them.

Larry, the recent news about the 'Teddy Bear Teacher' proves my point about how Islam reveres Mohammed. I may be wrong about the anecdote I related in an earlier post, but the fact that I heard it from a Tour Guide in Cairo speaks volumns. He may be misinformed or he may be misleading; either way, he certainly was proud of the story! The only thing that has changed in more than 2000 years of Jihad is now they have set their sights on Christianity, with a vengence.

Regards,

Ric