Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, 3 invisible), 33 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#191504 - 11/15/07 12:50 PM unbearable panic attack
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I had another panic attack this AM and had to go to the ER,i thought my chest would implode and the profuse sweating and breathing heavy,and could not catch my breath....PTSD has a hold on me that i just want to unload on someone,anyone...are there anyone on here who has had them.

I'm on a medication called serax for awhile now it seems to be helping however i'm no longer sure it is and they say ativan helps ....is this true....

Coopstah

#191527 - 11/15/07 06:55 PM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: thecoopstah]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Ativan worked for me for almost a year but it was getting to be too high a dose so my Dr. switched me to tranxene which lasts longer in the body. I have been through a bunch of meds for my depression and anxiety and so far tranxene worked good for me. However it can be addictive. Both ativan and tranxene are benzodiazepines as is Xanax, which I was hooked on after being on it for over a year. Was one of the worst things I ever went through getting off of that besides Zoloft which was a total nightmare for me. Took me 3 tries over the course of a year getting off that. Everyone is different you just have to find what works for you. Ativan for me was very effective at keeping my panic attacks/anxiety in check without getting all doped up from it. I'm still working with my Dr. trying to find some alternative to benzo's because they are only recommended for short term use. I have had so many meds poop out on me, works for a week or a few months, then nothing. I got off all of them for about 6 weeks only to have my depression and anxiety come back , and now I take lamictal and tranxene. So far so good. one thing I find helps a bunch is to minimize my intake of sugars and c affine. If I drink a regular cola I bounce off the walls and sometimes actually start shaking and get paranoid. Still have a hard time giving up the coffee, just drink something decaffeinated for every caffeinated drink. and usually no caffeine after 4 in the afternoon.
peace
Rick

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#191547 - 11/15/07 09:03 PM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: GateKPR4]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I hear you coop, rick,
idk what might be right for me either, but everything i've been tried on either has bad side effects or poops out on me, i've never been tried on benzos or anything like that b/c of my drug history plus those long-ago suicide attempts; but most SSRIs and simulant type drugs have been contraindicated for me too, i'll probably have to deal w/ my attacks etc. au naturel for now. Wheee...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#191647 - 11/16/07 06:21 PM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: dgoods]
beccy Offline

Loc: england
Sorry to hear you have panic attacks coop. My sister used to have terrible ones and my(now ex) bf used to have a phobia which had the same effect on him as a panick attack. My sister said hers gradually went away with homeopathic treatment( and also kineseolog I think). possibly my bf's eased up from homeopathic treatment also, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

I know that's not much help if those kinds of treatments are not available to you, and I appologise if that's the case, but thought it necessary to share the information with you. I believe you can now recieve homeopathic care via the internet, although I have no idea of the quality of care that could offer. It could be worth looking into.....but if you can see a homeopathic doctor in person, i would really highly recommend it for all kinds of things, such as panick attacks. All sorts of reactions and responses the body has can be gradually 'freed' with good homeopathic care I believe, although it is not a 'cure all' medicine, it's definately worth a try.......and it poses no health risks or negative side effects. Only works and has effects and peals back layers of ill health(both emotional and physical)....or doesn't. It's as simple as that. No nasty side effects. It can offer a really fantastic level of care and healing. Hope it's available to you in your area and again my appologies if it is not.

peace
Beccy

#191659 - 11/16/07 10:07 PM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: beccy]
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Coop,

Your story reminded me just now that my dear H had a panic attack just like that and went to the ER, about 9 yrs ago. At the time I didn't know what it was and really didn't realize until just now, reading your post, that is what it was.

I hope you find the right medicine that will help. Surely something will help. I'm on an antidepressant, Lexapro, and it has evened me out....I was having some small panic attacks a few months ago. But I've never had one of the magnitude that you and my H have had. I cannot imagine the very unfunny thrill of that kind.

God bless you and you're taking care of yourself by seeking out a good medicine for yourself. I hope you sleep well.

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#191684 - 11/17/07 10:02 AM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: Brokenhearted]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
You're truly amazing and thank you so much for your kind supportive words.

God bless you...... \:\)

Coop

PS: I'm sleeping ok but i have had my days and it is awful.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.