Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (WriterKeith, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#191459 - 11/14/07 11:33 PM TRUST ISSUES WITH THEROPEST
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I asked my theropest for a copy of my records. She refused, said that it would cause problems with trust. I do not trust any one that works for the Veterans Admistration. I need these for my personal records. Because they tend to turn around what you say into something that it is not. Is there a way to force them to realease MY records to ME

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#191460 - 11/14/07 11:56 PM Re: TRUST ISSUES WITH THEROPEST [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I would PM Ken Singer or another currently practicing therapist for more info about this. I'm sure the laws for V.A. regulations are entirely different than the laws that apply specifically to states.

#191464 - 11/15/07 01:06 AM Re: TRUST ISSUES WITH THEROPEST [Re: Hauser]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
You might check the rules for T's in your state. Should be able to find them on-line.

James

#191506 - 11/15/07 12:54 PM Re: TRUST ISSUES WITH THEROPEST [Re: James_dup1]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
they have to by law release your records to you otherwise they can be sanctioned afterall they are yours therefore you only need to sign a release of information and they have to give them to you.

I would otherwise go to his/her supervisor and tell them what your T said to you and if that does not help then you really need to press the issue.

Good luck.

Coopstah

PS: trust has nothing to do with the releasing of your treatment records...so your T is wrong...

#191555 - 11/15/07 09:28 PM Re: TRUST ISSUES WITH THEROPEST [Re: thecoopstah]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
I would think that the trust issue would be around why you can't see your records. If she wants you to trust her, why not give you the records? Sounds like she needs a better reason to withhold them.

I don't know about the VA rules around releasing patients' records. You might want to call up someone from outside the hospital/facility and ask about policy.

Maybe there is top secret material in there and you don't have the security clearance?

Ken

#191671 - 11/17/07 01:43 AM Re: TRUST ISSUES WITH THEROPEST [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I think that my "t" is talking down to me and thinks that I am a dumb ass . Because if She thinks that I trust her she is stupid . I am going to request my records NICELY one more time.
and then I will complain to the director of the hospital.
If that still does not work nI will seek out an attorney.
It is not like it's a matter of national security . I just want to know what Kind of shit that they writen about me

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.