Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (susie, Cthulhu), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441425 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#191617 - 11/16/07 01:07 PM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: OKIE MIKE]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I see your point when you say you just didn't give a shit at the time while on ativan however taking 10 of them is clearly an issue however most people just don't get,doctors especially,therefore they are much more concerned with losing their licsense then the desire to help their patient.

I am so tired of explaining "why" as to how i feel to justify my asking for a particular medication.

I had to always explain how i flet growing up and i will not continue to do this i have to do what's right for ME not wether or not a doctor is worried about losing his friggin licsense.

Coop

#191618 - 11/16/07 01:27 PM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: thecoopstah]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Coopstah,

I also had serious panic attacks. I tried meditation and breath exercise at first. I did physical exercise too.

That helped.

Later in the future when I started to feel panic I did breathing exercises.

I am on Zoloft now. It seems to work well. The only thing I don't like about it is that I gradually raise the dose as it seems to have lesser and lesser effect over time.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#191627 - 11/16/07 02:37 PM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: alexey]
midnight51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think Alex is on the right track - getting into a regular physical exercise routine could help you to reach the holistic effects you are craving. Being physical will increase your heart rate and open your insides up releasing tension and toxins. It will tire you physically and give you a chance to recharge yourself mentally. Pursing something like this long term could very well be a life altering change.

I hope you feel better coop, you will make it. \:\)

#191758 - 11/17/07 10:16 PM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: Maynard]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I agree when you mentioned about some drs are simply leary of giving people>

#192085 - 11/21/07 08:55 AM Re: unbearable panic attack [Re: thecoopstah]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Ask your doc how he feels about clonazepam (brand name Klonopin). It has a 20-ish hour half life and the addiction potential is less because it wears off so slowly. I have always found xanax to be too sedating (sleep for 12 hours) and then it wears off very fast leaving me feeling kinda smacked with anxiety again.

I asked my doctor how he feels about ativan and he said it lies somewhere between Klonopin and Xanax as far as it's addiction potential (xanax being the most addictive).

Just some thoughts for you.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.