Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
7 registered (Obi, Going forward, pattom, 4 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443112 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#191466 - 11/15/07 03:40 AM shaking
skaterguy86 Offline
New Here

Loc: So Cal
It seems whenever Im in a situation that turns sexual I start shaking and my breathing gets fast and I feel very anxious even before anything happens. (However if I had been under the influence of alcohol or drugs I wouldnt.)I have stopped using them since but I still shake when I get into these situations. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you move on. Thanks.

#191472 - 11/15/07 07:07 AM Re: shaking [Re: skaterguy86]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Hey skater, welcome to the site. I have the same problem, I start to shake even if there is flirting. I'm still working on getting past it myself but just wanted you to know your definately not alone.

Mike

#191473 - 11/15/07 07:13 AM Re: shaking [Re: mogigo]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't shake...I panic and dissociate.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#191496 - 11/15/07 11:32 AM Re: shaking [Re: BJK]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Welcome to the site.

It SEEMS like you're dealing with some major shit if you're experiencing totally involuntary reflexes like what you described. One thing is for sure, "normal" people don't panic just cuz they've gotten into a intimate/sexual situation.

This stuff never happens to me, however. My lifestyle simply never allows me to even enter the situation. I have totally different issues to deal with.

#191550 - 11/15/07 09:19 PM Re: shaking [Re: Hauser]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I've got kind of a permanent slight tremor, but it gets worse in moments like that, i also sweat real bad, get panicky and dissociate (outside-myself feeling, not really "there") too.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#191628 - 11/16/07 03:03 PM Re: shaking [Re: dgoods]
midnight51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think some refer to these feelings as tremors. They are reactions or defenses triggered by the initial onslaught of emotion when the abuse first occured.

My tremors manifested themselves into the fear of being touched. I have had a problem with people touching me anywhere on my body in a time where I have let myself become vulnerable. It's the most awful feeling and to let myself be touched makes me feel as if I'm dying.

They call them tremors because they are the after effects. It's like you are reliving a situation that has already passed. You must work through it and realize the full embodiment of what you are experiencing. Make connections and put the pieces in the order that you feel is right.

You will get through it Skater, you are in my thoughts

Josh

#192234 - 11/22/07 07:48 PM Re: shaking [Re: midnight51]
skaterguy86 Offline
New Here

Loc: So Cal
Thanks everyone for all your input. I really appreciate it and it has helped me out alot. I have noticed that I do get these tremors easier if I don't have enough sleep so I have been sleeping more and I have been trying to put myself in more triggering situations so that I can deal with what I am feeling. I really agree with what Midnight 51 said ",It's like you are reliving a situation that has already passed. You must work through it and realize the full embodiment of what you are experiencing." I think that most of us with these types of tremors are reliving a past negative situation but we just need to work through it so we can move on. Thanks again everyone and have a great Thanksgiving.

#192274 - 11/23/07 12:03 AM Re: shaking [Re: skaterguy86]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Skater,

Looks like you have some good responses to your question. Welcome to the site and I hope it will help you alone on your healing journey.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.