Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#191251 - 11/13/07 03:50 AM *** Forming of a new Healing Circle *******
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
We are forming of a new Healing Circle open to all here at Male Survivor.

Facilitators Frost aka Brian and ?

Starting Date ...... Nov 27th
Tuesdays Nights 2 Hours

Start Time
5pm PST, 6pm MST, 7pm CST, 8pm EST

What are Healing Circles

A Healing Circle is a peer support group over the internet. Peer support groups can be a very powerful tool in the healing process. None of us are trained therapist. We are simply survivors coming together to share our feelings. Therefore, we all take responsibility for making the meetings as safe and supportive as possible.

How it Works

We use the chat room format with a few changes. One of the members of the group is the facilitator who directs the meeting. Only one person is speaking at a time. It's a therapy type chat setup where each member can ask for time to discuss their issues and receive feedback from others. Much care is taken to avoid people being triggered. In order to have a open and truthful discussion of the issues, once formed groups will be closed meetings. The circles are a chance to get a little closer to the guys who meet with you every week ,it's comfortable, after a few meetings you get to know what to expect and what each persons needs and strengths are .
Many of us didn't really know what to expect from a group setting so possibly some guys are hesitant to join. Please read more so you understand what the Healing Circles are about

Why it Works

The Healing Circles are valuable resource for everyone. We all get an opportunity in the circle that many of us don't get in the outside world - the chance to share something that is pressing against our hearts, and to get some realtime feedback from people who at some level or another understand and feel that pain or concern. In turn, we all get an opportunity to help someone who is hurting and needs our support. That to me is what helps make this community a good one.

If you want to join us Please reply in this post or send Muldoon a PM

Below is some more information

Our Mission Statement.

We understand that the road is easier when not traveled alone and therefore the purpose of this circle is to provide a place of safety for men who as children or in adulthood have been victims of sexual abuse and or assault. Here, one can express his thoughts, fears, joys, or anger and know that his voice will be heard by others who will understand and validate him as a human being. Here, the focus is not so much on the past as it is on healing. Naturally the past and its abuse will come up from time to time but the purpose is to find a way through it to the healing that awaits on the other side. We will look at our journeys to see where we are on the road to healing and discuss things that work for us as well as things that do not. We will learn from the mistakes and successes of others and thus promote healing in our own lives.

Choice

If there is one thing that I have learned in my life it is that I have a problem. It is not my fault but the fact still remains; I have a problem. I did not choose to be sexually abused. The pedophile chose to abuse me. He did not ask my permission; he took what he wanted, leaving me wounded, confused and in pain.

So now it is my turn to choose. I can choose to stay here where I am and feel sorry for myself and try to convince or manipulate others to feel sorry for me too, after all, dont I deserve it. Or I can choose to seek heeling for my wounds. I can reclaim that which was taken from me. I can seek answers and relief from my pain.

Its not my fault, but it is my problem. What I do about it is my choice. If like me, you are tired of being a victim, I encourage you to make a choice to heal, I invite you to join us here in The Healing Circle. Together we will travel a road that is not familiar to any of us but common to us all. We will support each other and lend a helping hand along the way.

This is not an easy road we travel and is not for the faint of heart but if you are serious about becoming a victor instead of a victim, by all means, join us. We are not super human nor do we claim to have all the answers. We are just a bunch of ordinary guys who want to use all the tools available to become the men we were created to be

#191301 - 11/13/07 04:10 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: Muldoon]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
A little nervous but interested. Is there room for one more?
Txs
~Raul

#191305 - 11/13/07 05:18 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: Muldoon]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
I have been looking for something like the "Healing Group" for the last 6 months. I am looking forward to joining the group.

Dan

#191313 - 11/13/07 07:31 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: DanM]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I would like to be part of the group. Not much support where I am except my T who has been a great help. This site has been healing hand in my recovery.
Rick

__m__m__
|| || || || || || |

#191314 - 11/13/07 07:35 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: GateKPR4]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Tuesday nights work for me. Please count me in on this group.

#191316 - 11/13/07 07:41 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: Hauser]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
im game. might be a little late depending on work.

#191317 - 11/13/07 07:55 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: Jarrad]
apache01 Offline
New Here

i will join, dont really know how it will go for me but ill do it

#191318 - 11/13/07 08:07 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: apache01]
Marinan Offline

this would be nice.

#191321 - 11/13/07 08:24 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: Marinan]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US

As you know I amin the Wednesday night Circle. It has been a very healing experience for me. If there is room in the group, how do ou feel about someone participating in 2 circles?

Gerald

Edited by gcp2007 (11/13/07 08:25 PM)

#191327 - 11/13/07 08:55 PM Re: *** Forming of a new Healing Circle ******* [Re: Muldoon]
River Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Nashville,Tennessee
Can I join?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.