Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 28 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441762 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#191177 - 11/12/07 04:42 PM Further into my recovery
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have got a letter from a mental health nurse and i have been given an appointment for assesment. This is after a month of pushing my doctor to see a counsellor who deals with csa and problems with depression.
This might not sound a big deal for some, but for me its another step towards trying to understand and accepting what happened to me.

#191179 - 11/12/07 04:53 PM Re: Further into my recovery [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Congratulations, Seven!

#191185 - 11/12/07 05:11 PM Re: Further into my recovery [Re: MarkK]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Congratulations Seven/ Hope your on your way to recovery and answers.
Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#191241 - 11/13/07 01:00 AM Re: Further into my recovery [Re: KENKEN]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
WOW seven, i know how stuck and trapped you've been feeling, it's nice to see some good news!

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#191259 - 11/13/07 06:43 AM Re: Further into my recovery [Re: dgoods]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thankyou all for the words.

Im hoping that this time i will get the help i need and be able to say this is my problem and start to deal with it. I say this time because i once let my problems get so big i could see no way out. I spent a whole weekend drinking and using drugs. I just wanted to make it all go away. The next-ed door neighbours got worried about me and it ended with the police breaking into my flat and i was rushed to hospital because i had took an overdose and slashed myself with a razor blade. The only thing i remember is waking up in the emergency medical unit and being on a drip, with a psychiatrist sitting at the end of my bed. He spoke to me, but i did not want to speak to him, so once i was fit to be moved i was transferred to the mental ward of the hospital. I tried to leave and was sectioned. I was put on meds and three weeks later i was allowed to leave. I got no help whilst i was on the ward and was just dumped back into society. I say all this because im hoping this time they can find out what is wrong with me instead of being told its, PTSD then Bipolar then psychotic episodes then depression then the list goes on. I later ended up in a prison hospital were i was held for nine and a half months, loads of meds and i was released into the care of an outpatients doctor. I had to see him every week and he would check my meds and send me to see a counsellor, but as time went on he became inundated with more patients and just kept me on repeat pre>

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.