Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
4 registered (WriterKeith, 3 invisible), 55 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63114 Topics
441379 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#191159 - 11/12/07 03:28 PM Desired First Impression
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I've never been big on giving a lot of trust to someone when I first meet them, especially men. No big surprise there. But I have realized something recently that I had not seen before.

When I meet a man, regardless of what I, the adult, may be thinking - little Mark is anxiously gazing through my eyes to see the new acquaintaince. His heart yearns for someone to play with - on his level.

{{GAH I hate how that sounds. "Someone to play with" ... a "playmate" ... "a buddy" ... they all have this abusive sexual overtone in my adult mind.}}

We're not talking about "hey dude - let's go parasailing". This is "Hi ... you wanna play kick the can?"

I also see now that part of my reservation when meeting someone new is MASSIVE fear that he might see the little kid that wants to play and think me some idiot. Or worse - someone to take advantage of ...

Anyone else run into this? Having to deal with "childish expectations"? Or am I the only guy who honestly thinks it would be fun to go fly a kite with a friend?

Forever stuck at 5,

M

#191160 - 11/12/07 03:32 PM Re: Desired First Impression [Re: MarkK]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
It's Monopoly for me Mark

We'd laugh and laugh and laugh

Mike

Edited by mogigo (11/12/07 03:33 PM)

#191204 - 11/12/07 07:41 PM Re: Desired First Impression [Re: mogigo]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
playing in the swamps jumping stump to stump, catching frogs & turtles.

Rick

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#191228 - 11/12/07 10:05 PM Re: Desired First Impression [Re: GateKPR4]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Getting the "giggles"... things like "Guess what..What? ..Chicken Butt!"
\:D

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#191232 - 11/12/07 10:23 PM Re: Desired First Impression [Re: dgoods]
Pete2004 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Mark:

I want to climb trees. I LOVED to do that. Up in te air, looking down at the world, free from the earth, Just too cool!

\:\)

Peter

comes back into our own. (Edwin Markham)

#191250 - 11/13/07 03:46 AM Re: Desired First Impression [Re: Pete2004]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Mark,

I can tell you from experience, they won't notice. I have always been a sucker for the 'fart joke'... In any particular form. I'm pretty sure its 'Little Brian' who has me splitting sides whenever I hear even the smallest of squeakers. It's an area in which I feel like I've NEVER grown up.

As I mentioned earlier -- experience. This has been going on for a really long time and I can tell you now, no one is anything the wiser. Even if you were to act on these impulses you feel.

I have spent years doing just that. It is just recently that I'm recognizing the inner child and recognizing how 'visible' he has been all these years. Fart jokes is one area. Other things I oftentimes find myself doing is 'random word greetings'. This is where, instead of saying 'hello' or 'hi', I go for the much more fun "hell", "assmonkey", "mooBANG!", or "honk" as a few examples. I have learned now that this is just another way I have 'played' all these years without even thinking of what was going on in my own mind to provoke this. I think its exceptionally similar to what you described here.

I also know I'm usually very uncomfortable with 'new people'. Something worth noting is that... this is when my vocabulary of the bizarre kicks in the most.

Anyone want a thumb war? 1..2..3..4..I..Declare..
~Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.