Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63114 Topics
441374 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#191093 - 11/12/07 01:35 AM Re: Am I being selfish?????? [Re: James_dup1]
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
James:

Thanks for clarifying that - she is being totally unreasonable.

I commend you for dealing with your kids the way you are. They will grow up (if they haven't already) to have the utmost respect for you. It's a shame that she is being so petty and bad-mouthing you to the children. You will always be their dad and they will love you for that.

I think that you are truly being the adult in this situation and she is acting like an angry, unruly child. Do you have any fear that she will cause problems when you move to the same town? If so, do you have a support system in place to keep you grounded?

Finally, it bears repeating - you are NOT being selfish. Cudos to you for thinking of your son and being there to support him while he finishes school. You are truly a good parent.

SD

#191094 - 11/12/07 01:40 AM Re: Am I being selfish?????? [Re: sophiesdad]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
SD,

WOW!! Thanks man for the kind words. As to the children they are 21, 19, and 18. It's the 18 y/o who is going to school down there. As for her starting problems with me liveing in the same town yeah I am worried some what. As for support I have this place for now. But I plan on finding a T once I get moved.

Thanks again
James

#191096 - 11/12/07 01:55 AM Re: Am I being selfish?????? [Re: James_dup1]
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
James,

You are certainly in my thoughts (and prayers if that is your belief system). Your children have a good parent in you... if they don't realize it now, they certainly will later in life.

SD

#191224 - 11/12/07 09:49 PM Re: Am I being selfish?????? [Re: James_dup1]
knifael Offline
New Here

Show her you're concerned for her perspective without leading her on.

It'll pay off for you and your son, and your son's perception of you.

#191230 - 11/12/07 10:15 PM Re: Am I being selfish?????? [Re: knifael]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Knifael,
Not sure I understand.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.