Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (pufferfish, Obi, 2 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63120 Topics
441405 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#190729 - 11/10/07 02:25 AM How amazing is this site
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
since i have been here for a while, I think I forgot how amazing and great this wbsite is and how fortunate I am to have it as a resoures and to have stumbled upon it.

I know this sounds dumb, but I am so grateful to have a place like this, to talk about really painful stuff, to talk about things that I would never talk about with my family or some of my clossed freinds. To say things without the scense of tremendous shame that accompanies it if said anywhere else.

This is the first place that I first talked about what happend and was honest about it or even went into detail about it. Before I felt that I would never be able to talk about it not to mention talk about it this freely. If I go back and think to what it felt like to never have said anything about my abuse( just saying that word in my mind was painful), I felt condemd and trapt and was destined to always feel that way.
Now I talk about it and don't feel that horrible scense of doom chronicaly. I feel a scense of freedom that I never thought possible. Now if that is not improvement than I don't know what is!

I guess I just wanted to recap and remind myself of how far I have come and how much progress I actually HAVE made. I just wanna say that I am so thankful that this site exists and that i found it and thankyou to all of you. I could not have disclosed it without your strenth to help guide me.

Thank God for this site!

-Logan

Edited by Logan (11/10/07 02:27 AM)
-Blade Runner

#190731 - 11/10/07 02:27 AM Re: How amazing is this site [Re: Logan]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Thx, loving the sig- OF cOURSE

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#190778 - 11/10/07 02:31 PM Re: How amazing is this site [Re: dgoods]
Maynard Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is definetly a great site with great people on it. I wish I would not have left a couple years ago, but am glad I made my way back. I am glad to hear of all your progress Logan.

"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning." Mahatma Gandhi

#190780 - 11/10/07 02:53 PM Re: How amazing is this site [Re: Logan]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Originally Posted By: Logan
I know this sounds dumb, but I am so grateful to have a place like this, to talk about really painful stuff, to talk about things that I would never talk about with my family or some of my clossed freinds. To say things without the scense of tremendous shame that accompanies it if said anywhere else.

Logan,

That doesn't sound dumb! I'm not ashamed to say this site has radically changed my life. Like you, it was the first place I felt comfortable enough to talk about some of those deep dark things and once they're brought to light, all the sudden they don't look so dark anymore.

I am glad you're back, and I am glad you have a place to discuss these things because you're right -- it can often feel shameful to discuss these things elsewhere. That's because of the deep well of understanding that is found here on MaleSurvivor for the issues that you and I and all the other male survivors out there are dealing with.

Keep posting \:\)

Cheers,
~Brian

#190794 - 11/10/07 04:36 PM Re: How amazing is this site [Re: frost]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
I also feel very fortunate that I found this site. I am brand new to the site and in fact, this is my first posting.

After 41 years, I finally have been able to confront my SA. I have to say, it has been very scary and also very good. I have been looking for a support group or a place to discuss the pain and my feelings. I am hoping this is the site to do that.

Dan

#190799 - 11/10/07 04:59 PM Re: How amazing is this site [Re: DanM]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
I started looking for some support just over a year ago now and I can't believe how things have changed. I've been become very close with another member, posted many times, and have joined a support group. I cannot express the relief, the joy, and the truly amazing changes that these things have brought to my life. To be able to talk about the things that have haunted me for twenty years of my life is a godsend. After finding this place and having all these new people in my life, I really don't know how I managed to get through with out them.

Our societies may not provide us with the resources we need, but together we can truly live so much better lives. Who needs them, survivor's have each other.

Welcome DanM, you've found the right place.

Stay strong
Mike

#190805 - 11/10/07 06:04 PM Re: How amazing is this site [Re: mogigo]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Mike..thank you for the kind and compassionate words. I know in spite of the pain and uncomfortable feelings I have sometimes, I feel much better being able to openly discuss my feelings, emotions and the abuse. I was never willing or open to express my feelings and only in my head would i think about the abuse. I was always the rock that everyone else seemed to lean or depend on. I never felt I could discuss this wth anyone... I was destined to take to the grave with me. What I didn't know was that it had affected my life and negatively influenced my behavior. I was ashamed of the man I was and how I treated my wife and family. I could be a real mean to them. I finally sat down and accepted the fact that the abuse affected me very deeply and shaped my life.

I am hoping this site will help...

Dan

#190807 - 11/10/07 06:16 PM Re: How amazing is this site [Re: DanM]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
DITTO!!!!! I credit this web site and the men on it for saveing my life...Im not sure I would have made it this far if not for all of you ((hugs)) thanks guys

James

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.