Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#190598 - 11/09/07 12:35 PM For Survivors & Partners
violet Offline

Loc: US
I just wanted to thank each of you for being there when I needed someone. Funny how trying to sort through my spouse's issues has me facing my own and looking at life through much different eyes. Being forced to make decisions reguarding the CSA actually gave us the courage to make other decisons we felt paralyzed to make before hand. And we dealt for the first time with a lot of underlying issues in our marriage that we hadn't even acknowledge before.

Things with those we love and try to support may not always turn out the way we wished they would, but somehow in the midst of it all, we find strength and purpose we never knew we had.

Yeah, sometimes it's scary thinking about what the future holds. We have only begun our journey and I know it will get worse as he dredges up all the things he tried so hard to leave behind. But we can make it together.

He looks at his past and sees shame and sadness. I see the sadness, but I also see a strength that most people will never be able to admire. You see all these shows on tv about men surviving in the wild, in extreme weather, etc... but what about what csa survivors live through every day for years? I am daily amazed how the human body will respond to protect itself. Not that the aftermath years down the road is any fun, but considering the alternatives, it it amazing. It reminds me of a documentary I saw once about forest fires and how trees with very strong roots would be able to survive forest fires. Often they were charred and trunks were damaged, but they were able to survive none the less. And they even adapted to outlast droughts. Just remembered this this morning...

Also a special thank you to all the survivors whose honesty and transparency are healing to those here and sometimes challenging to us partners who scavenge the boards here trying to make sense of what our loved ones are experiencing. This place may not be perfect, but it is like a microcosm of humanity, really. There is a lot of ugliness out there as ya'll know, but there is a lot of beauty too.

May you all grow strong roots and thick bark,
V.

Edited by violet (11/09/07 12:37 PM)

#190648 - 11/09/07 07:00 PM Re: For Survivors & Partners [Re: violet]
mmac Offline

Loc: PA

As always, spoken with compassion and understanding...Thank you Violet. You are a positive force for so many of us here.
Thanks,
M:)

I cannot take your steps, but I can walk beside you, if you'll let me.

#190658 - 11/09/07 08:32 PM Re: For Survivors & Partners [Re: mmac]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Such a beautiful post Violet. You are so hopeful and full of resolve and love that I can only believe that every word of what you say is true. You and your husband will come through this better than OK, you'll be a force to reckon with. Thanks for sharing your good will.

ROCK ON...........Trish

#190734 - 11/10/07 02:38 AM Re: For Survivors & Partners [Re: Trish4850]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Violet,
Maybe you didn't mean me, but thanks anyway... every bit of "positive" helps...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#190756 - 11/10/07 10:47 AM Re: For Survivors & Partners [Re: dgoods]
indygal Offline

violet,

you and your husband are fortunate to have each other - it's always uplifting when someone shares positive thoughts here simply because so many of us are in pain when we first arrive, sigh...

your presence on this board adds to the rays of light which are the hope for healing.

all the best,
indy

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.